Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    addy77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 04:00 PM
    My 9 year old son does not want to visit his dad as much, do I have to force him ?
    Hi,
    I have a 9 year old son from my ex partner. We separated over 6 years ago. He now lives a 2 hour drive away and has him every other weekend from Friday night to Sunday night. However, my son is getting a bit older now and is missing out on friends school parties and family functions due to him visiting his dad. His father is a taxi driver and barely sees him throughout that time anyway so it his his stepmum that collects him and brings him home (poor woman). We have no legal visitations in place and he has no parental responsibility as I have managed to avoid this as he only wants it in the event of my death he will get custody as opposed to his stepdad of 6 years and he now has a 2 year old brother. Anyway, what I am asking is where do I stand legally if my son doesn't want to go? Do I have to make him go? He says he doesn't like his dad very much, and to be honest he is the most obnoxious man I have ever met. He has even been bullying his stepsons calling them 'gay', and my son told me that he said the coat I had bought him was 'chav' and that he is a 'right essex boy'. What can I do to help my son? I have always made him see his dad but he is a very mature 9 year old, but he is constantly saying he doesn't want to go. Any advice would be appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 10, 2011, 04:18 PM

If there is no visitation schedule then there is nothing legally compelling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

15 year old son wants to live with his dad [ 3 Answers ]

Although my ex has always been a very loving dad, he has never grown up. He has never been able to hold down a job, always dreaming for more money at the next job. He is living with his girlfriend of 3 months, who smokes pot as far as I know, and he has let my 15 year old and my 17 year old drink...

16 year old son wants to live with his dad [ 4 Answers ]

My 16-year-old son no longer wishes to live with his mother. His grades are poor and his mother is seldom home to assist him. She doesn't use the support money from me each week to put away for my son's schooling, for clothing or activities. She's even tapped into his savings account and used...

Can the Dad of a 16 year old kick her out/force her to give up the baby? [ 13 Answers ]

I am not pregnant. I am sixteen, and sexuality active (contemplating putting a stop to that). I am trying to look into the legalities of the situation, but to keep things simple I will say my dad and I do not have a good relationship. My mother died a year and a half ago, though I never had...

My 12 year old son wants to live with his dad [ 4 Answers ]

My sons father and I have been apart for almost 8 years. After about a year and a half I met someone and we have been together since. We have a 5 year old son together and my 12 year old adores his baby brother. My 12 year olds father is a great dad and has always taken care of what he has to as a...

View more questions Search