Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illinois1 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2011, 12:32 PM
    Back Problem
    IF you have consulted a doctor about a back problem would a Chiropractor be the best next person to consult about care and limitation for dealing with the condition in regards to working and lifting restrictions.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 12:33 PM

I have a back problem. My Physician told me very specifically not to treat with a chiropractor. Has your Doctor restricted you concerning working and lifting restrictions? What was his/her recommendation?
    illinois1 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2011, 10:55 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Why did the doctor not treat with a chiropractor? Original doctor recommended Chiropractor second doctor didn't comment. Back care and prevention is the intent.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2011, 12:59 PM

I have found people either believe in Chiropractors or they don't. I prefer that someone with medical training treat me. My Physician has the same preference. It may very well depend on the type of problem.

As far as my Doctor's specific experience with Chiropractors, I have no idea.

I am also concerned if some type of accident is involved because I have seen people who have gone directly to a Chirpractor in instead of a Physician. When they sue for their injuries the argument is that they went X months without being treated by a "Doctor," lessening their claim.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dachshund Back problem - urinating problem [ 6 Answers ]

My dachshund is now on box-rest after his back problems caused paralysis in his back legs. Is there any method to help him urinate or defecate?Basically after losing the use of his back legs, he has lost the ability to urinate or defecate by himself.

My problem brother is moving back, PLEASE HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old brother who may be moving back in with my mom because my dad or my dad's parents cannot handle him anymore. He has ADD,ADHD, and Antisocial personality disorder. Now they're at the end and cannot do it any longer, he has been kicked out of school, cannot do basic math (Because...

We broke up but I want him back- jealousy problem [ 18 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been in touch with his ex, I went through his stuff and found messages from her, saying she misses him, calling him honey etc. He got really upset with me and broke up. Then I knew he cared and we met to talk it over. We went back for a week, but then I found messages again. He...

Symptoms of back problem in Mini Daschund [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Our 3 yr old mini has been in the hosp for two days now. She went in with severe abdominal pain and they say it is her back. Why then, is the pain in her stomach? She was displaying no other signs of discomfort. She also had a temperature of 104. All of the tests came back fine. Any answers?...

Overpayment claw back problem [ 1 Answers ]

My employer offered an employee purchase plan (toward a laptop) - I paid for the computer monthly, they reimbursed me the same amount. I am paid by automatic deposit and never look at my pay stub. Now it turns out that they continued to make the payment for about three years past when they should...

View more questions Search