Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brettd Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 09:12 AM
    1993 Honda Accord 2.2 engine runs good, shut it off and it won't start for 10 minutes.
    I have a 1993 accord 2.2 engine. It runs good,but won't always start when you shut it off . It takes about 10-15 minutes then it will start and run fine. I replaced the distributer and it still does this. It has spark also when in this condition.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 09:28 AM

Does the CEL always come on and go off after 2 seconds, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II)?

Genuine Honda distributor? All others are suspect.

If the problem persists, I would test/replace the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor, which affects fuel injector pulse width. The ECT Sensor is a temperature dependent resistor (thermistor), whose resistance decreases as the engine coolant temperature increases. It provides a richer mixture when cold, leaner mixture when hot. They become corroded, due to not changing the coolant frequently enough, flood the engine, and waste a tremendous amount of fuel.
    sharper11 Posts: 369, Reputation: 102

Jan 10, 2011, 09:28 AM
    You'll get a better reply, but it may be the starter.

Does the engine turn over when you try to start it?

I had a similar issue (different car). My current car (a 98 nissan 200sx) will "flood" if I turn it on and then shut it off without letting it run. I try to start it again, and it won't start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 honda accord won't start [ 28 Answers ]

1993 honda accord ex died last week while driving. Towed it home. Later that evening it started fine. Went out the next morning and started it, it ran for a few minutes then died again. Hasn't started since. I noticed oil in the spark plug recesses and my wires were bad. I replaced the valve...

96 Honda Accord- Starts, Runs 10 minutes dies. Rplcd ign swtch & Main really What next? [ 3 Answers ]

My 96 Accord will start and run for 10 minutes then die. After it sits for about 20 minutes it will restart like nothing was wrong. Not weather dependent (i.e. hot days vs cold days, no diff) I have replaced the ignition switch and the main relay so far. Seems like something is working fine...

91 Honda Civic engine ontinues to runs after ignition is shut off [ 1 Answers ]

Car has water near the fuse box power locks do not work, Master control for windows does not work car does not shut off when ignition key is removed. Ignition switch has been replaced

1993 honda accord EX tach/wont start issue [ 22 Answers ]

I have a 1993 honda accord EX(automatic). I first noticed the issue while doing 70 mph at 2800 RPM's on the interstate. All of a sudden my tach jumped all over(mostly up to ranges of 5-6k RPMS) yet my engine did not rev with it(in other words engine pitch stayed the same). I got off at the next...

1993 honda does not start when it is hot outside, gas to engine [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 93 Honda Civic. When it is hot outside (and in the car) it sometimes will not start. It has good spark. I have heard there is sometimes a problem with some fuel control board or module under the dashboard. Any comments or help? Thanks Bob

View more questions Search