Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missingmotherhood Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 07:03 PM
    I am 3 days late and hoping that I am pregnant
    I am 21 years old and I have been tying to have a baby for 2 years now. I am taking me prenatal and Me and my husband have been trying and I finally think that we have done it. I am 3 days late and my breast are really really sore, not the whole breast just the nipples and the outer sides of my breast. I have light discharge no smell no color, and for the past two days I have had minor headaches. I don't know what is going. I don't know if I want to be pregnant so bad that I'm making my body act this way (False Pregnancy), if it's from me stressing over being pregnant or if I really am pregnant and its just to early. How early can pregnancy be deteted with the blood test?

Some one please calm me down
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Pregnancy can be detected on a blood test at least a week before your period, if not longer. If you were to take one now, it would be accurate
    cosmicjade26 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 07:50 PM
    I aggree with buggage, blood works 3-4 weeks after end of last period but urine should work about now as well, have you thought of buying an at home test kit.

Hope it works out for you.

Jan 13, 2007, 10:22 AM
    I have taken 3 at home test and still negative. I am going to wait the 10 days and then take another one. I will let you all know on Saturday.

Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 13, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Make sure when you take the test you are using first morning urine, no matter what the directions say. See, FMU has the highest concentration of the pregnancy hormone hCG. So, even if the box says you can use it any time, you are going to get a more accurate answer if you do it in the morning.

Also, understand that HPTs tend to give more false negatives than false positives.

You are 21 and only 3, well now 4 days late. Even for women who are perfectly regular, this is not really late.

Yes, you could be stressing and your body could be reacting as such, however, you do seem to have the symptoms. If the next test reveals a negative and you still do not start your period, you should make an appointment with your GYN to see what is going on.

Good luck to you!

Jan 15, 2007, 09:26 PM
    Thanks for all of the information, but my period came on the 14th and I am so very sad.**Tear** But I still have all of the symptoms (CONFUSED). I started takign prenatals just in case and I am going to continue to take them. I will continue to try and I registered with one of those online ovulation calender websites, hoping that it will help me conceive. But this is the sexond time that my period has done this to me. In Oct/06 is arrived on the 28th day then in Nov/06 is was 5 days late then in Dec/06 it arrived on the 28th day and now once again in Jan/07 it was 5 days late. I don't know what is going on but I will talk it over with my doctor. I will continue to watch it closely for the next two months.

Once question with me taking prenatals before I conceive will this increase my changes of having a baby?
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Taking prenatals definitely can't hurt. It might be able to help to make your body more prepared for it, but I don't think there is any connection between that and helping you conceive. Just makes your body a more favorable place for when baby does come along. ( I personally wonder if maybe it doesn't help with morning sickness, as I was taking folic acid for 8 months before baby and prenatals for the last 4 months before I got preggy. So 12 months all together. And I didn't have ms. as badly this time as I did with my son, where I didn't start taking them until my first prenantal appointment. But there is no proof to that, just my own opinion.;0)) as far as you still having symptoms and your period being late and stuff. It sounds just like what happened to me for a while. I wanted to get preggy again so badly, I was tricking my body into the symptoms, and causing my period to be late. Its hard to believe that you can actually do that to yourself, but its true. Your mind is a powerful thing, esp when you want something so badly.glad you are trying out the ovulation calender website. Hopefully that will help. Just keep your chin up, and enjoy the process. Remember the disappointments for the time it takes to get preggy, will only make it so much more special when you finally do get preggy.

Jan 16, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Thanks... I hope the day will come soon. But I know it will only come when I am ready. It feels good to hope though.

Take Care
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 02:27 PM
    I hope that day comes soon for you too. Don't forget to let us know when it does.;0)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12 days late [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I am really really confused! I am 12 days late and I have taken a pregnancy test and it was negative! I have every symptom that I knew of for pregnancy and then I wrote down every single last thing that I was feeling like and I put them all in the computer and it said pregnancy! I have kept my...

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

3 days late & hoping [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have been trying to get pregnant for 6+months now and have Always had my period on time all of my life. Now I am three days late and I was positive my period was going to start since I have had minor cramps. My periods last 1-2 days and I have super minor cramps and I am always on time. I...

17 days late [ 2 Answers ]

First and foremost I know the advice always my doctor:) I am pretty late.. 17 days to be precise.. I had some light pink spotting.. barely enough for a tampon. I am a pill taker, BC. I would like a child, this one would be a miracle. But how do you know. All four urine test eight - twelvedays...

Hoping to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying for our third child. Possibility of twins on his side. It has only been 1 week since we had unprotected sex. Is it possible to feel the effects of the beginning of pregnancy this early? I cannot use a pregnancy test for a couple of weeks can I? Would a blood test be...

View more questions Search