Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KERI1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Please help I need your advice
    Hi me and my partner have been trying for a baby for nearly fourf years and I still am not pregnant, we have been together for a long time and I am only 21 he is 31 and he already has 2 children from a previous relationship but I am too scared to go to the doctors as I know deep down inside me that its me with the problem because he already has kids and if I get told I can't have kids it would break both our hearts at least not knowing I can hope! What do I do? Please help m in turmoil.
    cosmicjade26 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Hi keri,

Me and hubby had the same problem (I'm 27 he 38) we were trying for 3 years and decided to go to the docs, he went first and was told he had low sperm count but would probably still get someone pregnant (doctors words not mine) then I went and I was crapping myself I was told after a scan that I had polycystic ovaries and together we had a 5% chance of conception, I was gutted so we thought about our options and went for adoption of a child instead (not an easy decision).

Anyway not to put the dampeners on you anymore we are now 4 1/2 yrs down the line and I am 32 weeks pregnant so all is not lost.

Do you have regular periods, I didn't but never the less here I am getting my dream (it's been a medical nightmare since but all turned out good.

I hope you will go see your doctor all is not lost. If you want to get in touch e-mail me.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:33 PM
    First why ever be scared of a doctor, and actually since he is older, if anyone has a problem it may well be him since as one is older more things happen, but couples can be together for 10 years and never have a baby, others have one first time they had sex.

First it has to be at just the right time each month when you have sex. Next the sperm has to make it to the egg and attach.

So more likely, you need to work more on the timing of your sex.

So get the medical check, get hubby checked also. Then talk with your doctor about methods and timming

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ok I need some advice... [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to have a baby... and I am about 5-6 weeks along and I am getting sick all the time... I can't ride in the car... my husband told me I was being mean all the time but he is really being mean he is short with me and won't be close to me or nothing... last night he slept on the floor... am...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

I need advice [ 15 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I am 17 years old. There's this 15 year old girl that love soooo much.We known each other for 1 and a half years now. She is a shyish girl with few friends, who reads a lot.She plays with her hair sometimes(only around me I noticed). She found out that I liked her during winter break...

Need Some Advice [ 4 Answers ]

I moved into my apartment in Nov. after I moved in I found that I have mold growing on the blinds and along the window of the bedroom that I sleep in. I called my landlord and told him about it; and nothing was ever done. When I found out that my building was sold I contacted the new landlord and...

Need advice please [ 5 Answers ]

My back is full of scars and my ex-bf used to look at it and ask whether I could get surgery to get rid of them and his comments always upset me terribly. I have a new boyfriend now that has felt my back but has never seen it and always says how lovely it is and how soft it feels and how warm I...

View more questions Search