Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sobayray Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2011, 12:16 AM
    Neighbors fence falling on my side
    His fense is falling into my yard and he's ignoring request to fix it,trash is coming through,nails are hanging off and its literally into my yard in three places
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2011, 09:49 AM

Hello s:

You have the right to DO whatever you need to do, within reason, to keep the integrity of your property. Therefore, I would write your neighbor a certified letter, sent return receipt requested, asking him to take care of his fence, or you will and you'll sue him for the cost. I'd give him 72 hours to respond, and then call the contractor.

excon
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 10:03 AM

When a fence falls over a property line , or a tree branch for that matter, you now "own" the fence and its yours to do what you want. However, are you wondering if there is some way you can make him take care of the repair?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2011, 08:41 PM

As noted any pieces that have fallen in to your yard you can remove. If you want him to do the repairs, then send him a written letter stating that if its not repaired you will take him to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building a fence to hide my neighbors' fences [ 6 Answers ]

In my backyard I have a patchwork of 4 different colored fences, facing in different directions, that belong to my neighbors. They're great people, but combined, their fences look like crap. I want to build by own privacy fence around the entire perimeter of my backyard about a foot away from the...

How to conceal neighbors mess behind my 6' chain link fence. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a swimming pool in my back yard which has a 6' chain link fence surrounding it. My problem is that my neighbor"s yard is a mess. Their property sits higher than my property and all I look at is their war zone of a yard. They also have a big dog that puts its paws on top of the fence and...

Should supporting posts on my fence be on my neighbour's or my own side? [ 2 Answers ]

Which side of my wooden fence should have the supporting posts, my neighbour's or my own?

Neighboring rental bushes are taking over my side of the fence [ 5 Answers ]

I have a chain link fence separating my duplex home and a four unit rental. I spent a lot of time in the past making the area right next to my chain link fence quite nice planting flowers and plants (nothing bushy that could poke out on my neighbor's property). The owner of the rental does not...

Staining our side of the fence [ 5 Answers ]

Is there an easy and careful way to stain a fence without getting the stain on the neighbors side of the fence?

View more questions Search