Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marked4Christ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Seeking Answers
    I have been talking with this girl from Ghana. We have only been talking for about a month and after a couple of weeks says she loves me and wants to come to be with me. I have been talking with her father and her on the phone almost every day. They wanted me to send the money for her visa so I did. It was 100 dollars. She emailed me the Passport. Now the visa. They continued to press me for the money for her visa and HIV test and check-up but I just did not have the money. So now she told me that her father got the money and now she has her visa and she has emailed that to me. How can I tell if these are real or not. Also now her father tells me that her plane ticket will be 1000 dollars and if I can come up with half he will take care of everything else including her BTA money. She seems Like a really nice girl and they talk about God all the time but I really can't afford to get taken for 500 dollars right now. What can I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Wake up and get a grip on reality.

First most of those phone ladies are 300 lb 60 year old ladies that talk to about 20 men every day to talk them into sending money.
    Ghana is the worst of all places.

Tell her that guess what, you are so excited that you are going to buy a ticket and fly over there and you can fly back together, and that you will pay any of her bills when you get there,

Or get a major church in the area and ask her to go there and talk with the pastor who will call you with her info.

Why did she mail you a passport ? A copy, I am sure they are "real" in that they belong to some girl who gets it used 100 to 200 times a day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are you seeking advice [ 1 Answers ]

I am a clairvoyant, empathic reader I also do tarot, scrying, poastlife, automatic writing I have been doing this for over 20yrs I personaly have seen astrol outer body (outer body experience) I have had dreams that came true 4yrs later as well of 4months I even predicted my own daughters...

Am seeking [ 5 Answers ]

I gave up my son(Patrick) for adoption, 20yrs. Ago=his b-day is Feb.16,1987, Mercy Hospital, Urbana, ILL. can ANYBODY help me find him ? Sincerely, 'Patrick's' b-mom, ...

Seeking What is Best for All of Us [ 20 Answers ]

My 16 year old and her 7 month old daughter is living with me and my fiancé. She is going to evening school. The father of her baby died in a car accident while she was pregnant. That was last October 2005. She attends counseling once a week through the Counseling Institute of Texas. I know my...

Seeking Explanation [ 7 Answers ]

I am currently in grade twelve at high school. In grade eleven, I met this girl. We became excellent friends until the summer began, at which point we fell in love. We were "meant for eachother"... and definently still are. I had the greatest summer of my life with this girl. Anyway, school started...

UK F1- seeking help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am going to be on OPT soon and had the following Questions: 1) In ths US , as an international student do I pay the same taxes as the nationals do ? And if so am I taxed in the following manner: Federal Tax State Tax Local

View more questions Search