Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mylermeg Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 10:55 PM
    Overthinking everything about my relationship
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for four months. I was incredibly happy. He a great guy.. funny, nice, and always there for me. Out of the blue, I began to doubt my feelings for him. Whenever I'm with him its always in the back of my mind if what we have is real. Whenever we kiss, I ask myself if I feel anything? When I'm sitting next to him, I ask myself if I feel anything. I have literally not thought about anything but all of this in 5 days. I am completely numb. I try to imagine myself without him and I can't. I try to imagine myself with him and I can't. I do not know what to do.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 11:06 PM

Continue to date him and have fun with him. Stop agonizing if this is the man of your dreams. After only four months, I hope you aren't in an exclusive relationship with him and have stopped dating other guys. Cool your jets, as my son would say.
    LoveLittleStar Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 13, 2011, 05:53 PM
    You have nothing to worry about. I was in a 2 and a half year relationship and It often happened to me and the reason for me was I always wondered that If I let things get to good would my heart be broken so I automatically turned myself against him and It was really bad for me and him and us. Don't let it get to you. Your blank because your sending yourself all these mixed messages like I love him now I'm not sure and your only confusing yourself. Just sit back and relax! Take a big deep breath. Listen to some nice love songs.. If he pops into your head then that means something. Just remember you must feel something if your with him.
    Answerve Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Jan 20, 2011, 06:36 PM
    If you're unhappy because you keep second guessing your relationship, then STOP second guessing your relationship. Take a deep breath and a chill pill, and enjoy the moment. Your knowing that you are acting irrationally makes you capable of ending that irrational behavior. If you're unhappy in this relationship, whether because you can't stop questioning your love or because you doubt your feelings for him, its not fair to either of you for you to stay in the relationship. I suggest trying to relax and enjoy your time together, and if there's still that nagging feeling that you don't like him, break up. There are plenty more fish in both of your seas.
    SocialPsiTina Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Feb 3, 2011, 09:22 PM
    I the fact that this "empty" feeling is bothering you so much means that it's very important. What's not clear is what it is that's really bothering you. You're probably wondering that yourself. What I believe, different from the others, is that it can't be nothing. It's something-- something very important to you. Something you want very badly, but something you're not getting or simply fear that you're not getting. Since you hate to be in this relationship without this thing-- whatever it is--- you think of leaving him, and apparently the thought of this upsets you even more.

I also have the impression that at least one of your concerns is about how intensely he feels for you. I think that's the reason you're wondering what the kiss means.

If you've tried to get clear within yourself and you simply cannot, it seems to me that you have 3 choices. Talk to someone with whom you feel safe to see if you can get any clearer, and come to a conclusion.

If you can't find that kind of support, then I think that it would be essential for you to speak to your boyfriend about it. If bringing up these kinds of concerns makes things worse, then there's your answer. You may hate the thought of leaving, but if the two cannot talk it through in a supportive manner, then there's only one more choice besides coming to the conclusion that the relationship is untenable in the long run: see a counselor together.

You see, I believe that you can be happy and that your feelings and desires are valid and important.

Whatever you can do to get clear within yourself is very important, I think. Otherwise, you greatly increase the chances that you will have a repeat performance with a future guy. Then you will be unclear within yourself as to what it is you need, and without that answer, it is far less likely that you will ever find it.

This way, if you can get clear (I can recommend still more methods for doing so), then even if you never find what you want, there's a kind of self-love that shines through always with that kind of clarity and self-honoring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where is my relationship going? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. Well my story is more or less the same as other peoples, but the thing is that I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 years now and don't know where this is going. During all this time we haven't had a lot of arguments but even if we do we sort it out as straight away. Anyway my point...

Never been in a relationship [ 15 Answers ]

Im 17 years old and have not had a girl friend, I'm a junior in high school now I know that I shouldn't be woring about this right now but I don't know why latley I just been feeling lonely :( Like is there something wrong with or something, like no girls like me, like even when I ask a girl to...

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

I hate it when I do this - overthinking/worried again about first date! [ 1 Answers ]

On Sunday night I went out with this beautiful girl I've recently started talking to and it was our first official date. We went out to eat, had great conversation, serious eye contact and we walked around the small city shops and she put her arm in mine, held my hands at the table after we ate and...

View more questions Search