Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chattycater Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 05:47 PM
    Rudd furnace not working
    I have an older Rudd furnace (at least 20 years old) and it went out yesterday. A handy man came and replaced the thermostat, then the transformer and then the thermocoupler. After he replaced the thermocoupler the furnace came on and seemed OK. After he left the furnace went off again. I went out and his the reset button and it came back on, but only for about 5 minutes or so. I hit reset button again and it came back on, but again went back off after a few minutes.
    wheatnbarley24 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Jan 9, 2011, 06:19 PM
    Where exactly is this reset button?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 07:08 PM
    I agree what reset button are you resetting? It also seems like he replaced to many parts since usually only one part fails at a time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rudd furnace problem when outside temperature goes around zero degree [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Rudd furnace which is 15-16 years old. Lately, it's giving problem when the temperature goes around zero degree outside. When outside temp goes to appx 55-60 deg. It will start to work again. I called maintenance/repair person to look at it and he couldn't find any reason. My son looked at...

We have a 2 year old rudd heat pump and the outside fan isn't working [ 0 Answers ]

Our inside unit runs but the fan outside isn't turning. Also of course the house warms up when the auxiliary heat is turned on. Our HVAC guy said it may have been tripped, but my husband looked on the exterior unit and doesn't see a reset switch or fuse?

Rudd furnace [ 4 Answers ]

The flame sensor is clean, but won't ignite. Fan just runs. No heat

Rudd furnace problems [ 0 Answers ]

KEEP all posts on same thread.

RUDD 10 SEER AC fan working intermittently [ 2 Answers ]

I have a RUUD 10 SEER AC outside unit. The AC repairman put in a capacitator temporarily so that the unit would still work that had more OHM. I asked about this because I was concerned that this could cause damage. He assured me that it would not as the original capacitator was not available and...

View more questions Search