Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Victorfc Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 04:01 PM
    My girlfriend of 11 months says she's in love with me and loves me but
    My girlfriend of 11 months says she's in love with me and loves me but doesn't want to continue our relationship. She is getting ready to deploy, then I'm dealing with cancer, which I am beating, but now when I need her the most and she needs me the most, she wants to let go. She says that I am her boyfriend tentatively. She wants to stay with me, but says she has this feeling she can't get over. I believe it's because of the deployment which is right around the corner, then her also having to deal with me going through the chemo therapy and radiation. I'm due to be done with all my treatments, and now that I'm so close and very happy to be almost done with it all, but it's a bitter but sweet victory. I have been there for her, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Our relationship is a very beautiful one, and she agrees with me and doesn't want to let go, it's just this feeling she has that is splitting us apart. What should I do. Continue to be there and hope my supporting her will convince her we can work through it? Or am I looking at this beautiful relationship ending?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2011, 04:07 PM

There's really no way for us to determine what will happen. It seems as if she's having mixed feelings about continuing a relationship. Maybe it's because she's leaving, and doesn't want you to wait around for her, especially after all you've been through with cancer and treatment.

Her reason for wanting to call it off is very vague. You deserve a better answer.

Personally, I'd sit down with her, tell her how you feel, tell her that this is really bothering you and that you don't understand why she's doing this when you've both admitted that you love each other. Tell her to be honest with you, because you deserve honesty. If she's trying to spare your feelings, she shouldn't. She's hurting you far worse by being vague and not telling you exactly why she wants a break up.

She needs to fess up to what's going on so that you can make plans for your future instead of sitting around waiting for her.
    LightCross Posts: 87, Reputation: 29

Jan 10, 2011, 05:56 AM
    From my experiences, when a woman said something that something she said is not always she really meant. If she said she loves you and don't want to let you go, but then why she doesn't want to be with you especially when you need her the most, when you fighting against your cancer. If I were you I would confront her sit down and open talk with her, because the way she treated you currently especially when you are walking on bumpy part of your life doesn't picture she truly loves you. The love is there but not as much as you expected it to be
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 09:46 AM

I disagree with the ladies on this one. I think you leave her alone, and bow out gracefully because I think her mind is made up, and has been for some time, and she was trying to ease away from you as gently as possible.

Whatever her real reasons, or feelings, what matters is what you do about it, and prolonging the agony knowing she may not change her mind is the worst thing for you both. Let acceptance be your closure, and let this go with good memories, not tortured agony.

You have shared a lot, and been there for each other, but a parting of ways is inevitable. Do for her what she is trying to do for you. I think in the back of your mind you knew this day was coming, and you would have to face standing on your own, and rebuilding.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 10, 2011, 10:28 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to talaniman again.

You said all I would have said Tal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend says she loves me but she's not in love with me [ 15 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1.2 years has recently broken up with me (sunday, April 5 2009), she said that she loves me but she is NOT IN LOVE with me. I was devastated and the fact that we came a long way up to this point and now the inevitable happened. Bit of background about our relationship: Feb 08...

My girlfriend loves her ex still but says she's not in love with him what do I do? [ 24 Answers ]

I found out that my girlfriend still loves her ex. I have been with her for eight months and her and ex dated for a year and a half. She promised me that I was the love of her life and that she didn't love him anymore. I seen text messages in her phone and she was telling him the same things she...

I love her and she loves me but she's dating someone else [ 11 Answers ]

I started dating this girl(let's call her G) at the end of highscool and things went really well for about a year. She was absolutely perfect for me and I seemed to be good for her as well. We really loved each other a lot and understood each other very well. Then, we both went through some...

My girlfriend doesn't show she's in love with me after 2 years? [ 3 Answers ]

hey my name is riyaad and I'm 14 years old, even since may 3rd 2008, I have fallen in love with this beautiful girl named marie. Before we we're friend, and the last week of April, we had spring break and I went over her house and she confused she's in love with me and on the 3rd of may we made it...

My girlfriend for a year and 8 months ask for a break but she loves me ? [ 2 Answers ]

I meet this girl on myspace and we talk and then I ask her out she deny me 11 times but I kept on asking and on christmas day she said yes. We meet up at the mall but when we 1st meet their was no love it was like we are just boyfriend and girlfriend. She was a virgin and I was a popular athlete...

View more questions Search