Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    07new-mommy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 01:45 PM
    I am pregnant, I need help with question on bloodtype
    So I am pregnant, with only 5 weeks left until my due date... my blood type is A-, and I also had to get the RhoGam Shot during my 7th month... my only problem is this: there is a possibility between 2 different guys on who is actually the father. One has the type O+, and the other guy is O-... I am trying to find out if it is the guy with the O- blood type, then would I still have had to get that shot? Because I just read some articles that were saying that I would've only got the shot if the baby had a possibility of having the positive factor in his blood type... but if it's the guy with the O- blood, then the baby wouldn't come out with a positive factor, would he? Me being A-, and the other guy being O- would make my child have the negative sign also, correct?! :confused:

Please help me in any was possible that you can!! :(
    sugarplum1985 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2007, 07:35 AM
    When your baby is born is they will do a heal prick test just to see what blood type the baby is so they know whether to give you an injection I am also from the nagitive blood group and my partner is postitive but luckly enough my son has a negative blood group, if you are really concerned about it the best you can do is to contact your midwife and she will be able to tell you exactly what to do. And as far as I am aware if both of the parents are negative factors then your baby should be negative as well. Hope this helps abit x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant cat question(my 1st cat) [ 7 Answers ]

My kitty is pregnant ,kittens in like 2 weeks.. the male cat just hangs at my house stalking her,it seems like she doesn't like him anymore.why is he back now that she's not in heat? He won't leave.i don't no anything about cats ,please help..

Pregnant! [ 24 Answers ]

I was at the doctor early this morning, to find out why I've been so tired lately... and I am almost 10 weeks pregnant! This is a totally unexpected shock! I had PID when I was 17, have endometriosis, and plus have only one ovary. The doctors said there was no way I could have a child. I'm only 26...

Am I pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Im new to this site but I thought it's worth the try. O.k I had my period 2 weeks ago, my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months now... and well Ive been feeling sick all day, back hurts, I've been cramping lightly and moody. Also everyonce in a while I get pains in...

Am I pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have been with my boyfriend for over a year now, we have sex on a regular basis, but never use condoms he always pulls out just before he cums. I have always had a period and am due next week, but today I have noticed some brown discharge what does this mean please help? :(

Pregnant Cat Question [ 1 Answers ]

How long before having the kittens does the queen produce milk?

View more questions Search