Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beni1 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 10:11 AM
    Estate Inherited IRA Distribution
    Our aunt passed away without any will. Her estate has been settled and her traditional IRA is ready to be distributed to my sister and me in equal amounts. My sister would like to receive her share annually over three years. I prefer receiving my share in one lump sum.
    Can the two different distributions be accomplished or does the distribution amount have to be equal each time they occur?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2011, 10:16 AM

Asked and answered on your other thread. Please don't open more than one thread on a subject.
    tazimorandi Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2011, 11:47 PM
    It happened on my mother's estate, and yes the IRA firm can distribute according to each of your wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Estate Inherited IRA Distribution [ 1 Answers ]

Our aunt passed away without any will. Her estate has been settled and her traditional IRA is ready to be distributed to my sister and me in equal amounts. My sister would like to receive her share annually over three years. I prefer receiving my share in one lump sum. Can this distribution be...

Distribution from IRA [ 1 Answers ]

I used to live and work in Florida but moved back to my home country Germany. I still have a "normal" IRA and am now over 59 1/2. Do I have to pay taxes on distributions from the IRA in the US? I do not have any other income there.

Inherited Traditional IRA [ 1 Answers ]

The IRA trustee has divided the IRA between all beneficiaries and each will have what looks like a IRA savings account. The account name list the beneficiary and the original IRA owner. If this sounds true to form then are the beneficiaries now the trustee? And if so, then a trustee to trustee...

Income Tax on IRA in Estate Distribution [ 1 Answers ]

Summary: Man and wife (over 65) have property and funds, which include an IRA. Everything is willed to each other, and then to the adult children. Wife dies and before her will is probated, husband dies. Will(s) are finally probated and estate distributed. It is understood that no ESTATE taxes...

Inherited IRA [ 1 Answers ]

My mother passed away and left my brother and I an IRA at 50% Beneficiaries each. We both received a lump sum amount- I know this IRA was started in 1991 and then rolled over in 1998 to an annuity paying more interest. In 1998 it was $16286.72 (upon her death it was $34,688.56), she never took a...

View more questions Search