Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MGSLM Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 05:11 PM
    My rights on a bank garnishment in florida
    Im a 57 year old male, have been disable since 2004 my daughter gets ssi and i get ssi do to my mental and heart problems before this i was a normal individual that had credit cards and had all the credit i could have , got seek and i could not pay or pay for bankcropcy' this month of december i went to the bank i all my funds together with my two daughters were frozen,my daughter fainted i almost died i was left out in the street with no money non no way i could get my hands on that money, i had no wornings nothing . Im calling legal services in my area to see what they could do for me, please let me know my rights, thank you in advance
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2011, 05:24 PM

First, please don't type in all caps.

Are you saying you had no notice that someone had filed suit against you and obtained a judgment from that suit? If they obtained a judgment they do not have to inform you of any attachment of your assets.

And why were you left out on the street? Even if you couldn't pay your rent it would take time to get you evicted.

Jan 7, 2011, 05:45 PM
    What i mean out in the street means i had all my money in the bank i had no cash on me and when they take your money you are out on the street. I think a couple of years ago someone rang the bell at my door and game me some papers to sign at the time i was moving and probably i sign some paper that got me in to this problem but i never knew they would take my money

Jan 7, 2011, 06:03 PM

Once more, please do not type in all caps.

Being out on the street means you have no place to live, not have no money.

Yes it sounds like you were served a summons and ignored that summons so they obtained a default judgment against you.

And what did you think? You borrowed money and they wouldn't want it back? You ask about your rights, but what about the rights of the people you borrowed from?

But yes you do have rights. You forfeited some of those rights by ignoring the summons. But, if you can prove that some of the money in that account was not yours and that some of the money was from exempt sources (SSI maybe) then you may be able to get some or all the frozen funds released.

Jan 7, 2011, 06:19 PM
    I Want to thank you for your help, but remember that you don't need to be so hard on people that are worried stressed and have no other sourse of information other than people like you that offer help throw this grate cybernetic world . Yes I owed money but I got seek my world turn up side down with two kids a home that I lost and my head gave up, I had 100% credit and was living a wonderful life. I do know I have to pay but I'm a seek person living on social security. I do thank you for your help. And if any advice you can share with me I will be forever thankful.

Jan 7, 2011, 08:13 PM
    I know maybe you have had a bad day or maybe a couple of bad nights, if you know what i mean, but instead of working helping people in the computer with theyr legal problems you should work in a animal hospital im sure you would be one of the best in that area. I would never recommend you on line or out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2011, 08:37 PM

If you want a "poor baby" go post in the relationship or family area, In the legal areas we are blunt, we are too the point and tell you directly what is the issue, what often caused the issue,

We don't make it sound nice and are not here to be your friend, or your buddy.

If you want frank, honest and blunt answers to a legal issue, you will get it here,

If you want some 13 year old who will make up answers and ell you what you want to hear, go to most of the other question and answer sites.

It appears you were served legal notice that you owed the money, you did not see the importatance to reading what you were served, Assuming that was the notice of the judgement, you had plenty of time to work out a payment plan, but chose not to.

Jan 7, 2011, 09:35 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    I need no one to hold my hand but you need to learn social skills to handle people you're attitude is not doing any good to who ever pays you for this services, and ill make sure they know about it. And I don't want to see any other mails from you .

Jan 7, 2011, 09:46 PM

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

I'm not sure where you got the idea that anyone is paid for this service. We all VOLUNTEER our time and expertise to benefit others. Some times we have to be blunt and harsh to wake up the person asking the questions. You came on here complaining (whining) about a situation that was, at least partially, of your own making. You needed to understand this before you can proceed further.

Another point here is that you don't dictate who responds to your posts. Unless a response violates the rules of this site (in which case you report it) its valid. You have the option to ignore the response or comment on it, but not to tell people not to post.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2011, 09:49 PM

Sorry first Scott and I are the two of the top legal experts, and if you would take time to actually give more info, we may could help you,

Next we don't take pay for our services, we give hours and hours of our time free every day to help people.

You don't seem to want to be helped,

It apears you cared little that you were being sued, did not read the paper work, and did not go to court,

Now and only now after they took the money you want to know what to do.

If you read Scotts post, he told you that part of the money in the bank account could be exempt.

So if it is, you file a motion in court, and go to court to request part of the money be returned. There is no short cuts in this
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2011, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MGSLM View Post
    I KNOW MAYBE YOU HAVE HAD A BAD DAY OR MAYBE A COUPLE OF BAD NIGHTS, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, BUT INSTEAD OF WORKING HELPING PEOPLE IN THE COMPUTER WITH THEYR LEGAL PROBLEMS YOU SHOULD WORK IN A ANIMAL HOSPITAL IM SURE YOU WOULD BE ONE OF THE BEST IN THAT AREA. I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND YOU ON LINE OR OUT.

I assume the "animal hospital" comment was meant to be an insult; however, it is every bit as confusing, fragmented and poorly thought out as everything else you posted.

I am suggesting that your attitude is a big part of your problem. Coming on here and insulting the very people who know, who are trying to help you, is getting you nowhere.

You "think" maybe you signed some papers when you were moving but now you either can't remember or aren't sure and don't know what they were and now you expect someone you are insulting to come along and help you?

I don't think it's going to happen - you've gotten advice from the best of the best (and, incidentally, they don't seem to have the problems you're having so they must know something) and you still aren't happy. Maybe you should figure it out by yourself.

If you want someone to tell you yes, you can sue the bank, look somewhere else. You've already called legal services (whatever that is) so let them figure it out for you.

Jan 8, 2011, 03:31 PM

I will point out one other thing In my first response I asked you not to type in all caps. Throughout the Net, typing in all caps is considered shouting plus many people find it harder to read. I had to ask you a second time not to type in all caps. And even though you stopped in your 3rd post you reverted to all caps in your subsequent response.

You post here asking for people to help you, but you are rude to them when they do. Despite your rudeness we did offer you help. And you responded with further rudeness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

Hey ,I just want to know something else about garnishment because I just saw my bank accoubt today and noticied the I got a 7500.00 overdraw,and I call the bank and they told me it's a Florida garnishment but they don't tell me nothing else,tnks

Wage garnishment or bank account garnishment? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Where do I start? I was looking up my name in my local county court records because I'm paying off a debt of 800 plus interest that I do NOT owe. I saw that a judgement was entered for 10x that amount for a voluntary repo on a lease vehicle back in August of 2002. Luckily, I was in the...

Bank garnishment, can I cash a check at my bank or will they keep it? [ 6 Answers ]

Are banks linked or does the garnishment have to be sent to all banks? I have a debt and they haven't frozen my account but about once a month they do a garnishment and drain my account. My questions: Can I just cash a check at my bank or will they keep it? If I take my check to a...

Stopping a bank garnishment in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Please tell me how to stop a garnishment Thanks Billy tide My phone number is 352 256 4840

View more questions Search