Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DanCon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 09:40 AM
    Can I switch from a Spouse visa to another type of visa whilst in the UK?
    Can anyone help? I am a NZ citizen who has been living in the UK for almost 8 years on different visa types (2 years working holiday, 2 years work sponsored visa, 2 years Highly Skilled Migrant Visa and now 1.5 years on a spouse visa [married to a British national]). I work as a doctor in specialty training with the NHS.

My wife and I are separating and thus I will not achieve the necessary 2 years of marriage to gain indefinite leave to remain under the spouse visa. My employer is about to obtain a Tier 2 (general) certificate of sponsorship to allow them to sponsor me. I had planned to then apply for a Tier 2 visa. However the immigration enquiry bureau told me today that I cannot switch in-country from a spouse visa to a Tier 2 visa and that I would have to return to NZ and apply for a new Tier 2 visa from there.

Does anyone know of a way I can switch whilst in country, or have any other suggestions for options I might explore? I am concerned that if I leave the country I will struggle to get back in to complete my training.

Thanks so much
    Dan

Check out some similar questions!

Spouse f2 visa travel to usa while husband change of status from f1 to H1B visa? [ 1 Answers ]

I was on F1 Visa and my wife holds valid F2 dependent visa. But now my status changed from F1 to H1B. My question is, Can my wife who is currently in India travel on her valid F2 dependent visa or she is required to get the H4 visa to travel back to USA.

If my visit visa ti us refused do you suggest to change the type of visa [ 1 Answers ]

My visit visa b1/b2 to us refused for the second time do you think I have to apply for new kind of visa Best regards,

Cancellation of family visa to stamp work visa for KSA for my spouse [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ALL, I want to know the procedure to cancel my wife's visa who is dependent on my visa in KSA. I am presently working in KSA and my wife is in India and has received a job offer from KSA. My wife has re entry visa stamped which is valid until August this year. Kindly advice. Thanks, ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.