Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jehope Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 05:14 AM
    Dental upper plate question
    I've had my upper denture for approx. 3 yrs. on 12/10 an infection developed on the roof of my mouth behind one of the original teeth that was cut down and left in my mouth,it is now a month later and the infection has returned and I can't get my plate in.
    This is so Damn uncomfortable and now seems to becoming a reoccurring event.
    Can you give me some advice or anything at all,In Pain. Astoria or.
    verrob Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Jan 10, 2011, 06:30 PM

jehope, I am not sure I totally understand. Let me ask you a few questions. First, you said you have a denture. Are you saying you have a full denture, or a partial denture? If you have a full denture, why do you have a tooth cut down and still in your mouth?
    IF you have a full denture, I would wonder why your DDS has left part of a tooth. This is not healthy for your mouth.
    I would like more explaining and questions answered.
    Thanks.
    jehope Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 12:24 AM

I have a upper plate and a partial bottom and I went to DDS in Astoria he gave me an anti-biotic called Clindamycin 150mgs 4 times daily(gen. Cleocin).
    It took the infection and swelling down in a couple of days and can wear my plate again,I have a appt. to get the tooth removed and no I have no idea why the S— of a B—— left them in,so I’m going to Dr Bales(Astoria)to get them removed and no I can’t afford it but you can’t run around without teeth.
    I hope this helps,when I get the bill for the first one which is on Friday 1/14,give me a holler and I’ll let you know how much it was,Sorry about their incompetence
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2011, 06:48 AM
    jehope, please don't post names of professional or non professionals on this site. You can go to RateMDs.com to do that. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What type of plate boundary is parallel to the direction of the plate movement? [ 4 Answers ]

What type of plate boundary is parallel to the direction of the plate movement?

Dental Bridge question. [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently got my perm dental bridge put in. It's along my front top teeth. Well I noticed that one of the tooth is slightly longer than my perm front tooth is. It seems like the bridge is slightly crooked as well. I was wondering can the dentist can readjust this & even out the perm...

Upper plate making me gag. [ 3 Answers ]

It has been trimmed,even by me,with a dremmel tool. It has been broken and reinforced with wire meshing,inside the acrylic. I can eat,and while I chew I can keep from gaging,but as soon as I stop swallowing/chewing for a short time(a few seconds) the gag effect takes over and I have to remove...

Decorative Swith Plate or Wall Plate and Switches [ 5 Answers ]

We're looking to replace our standard switch plates with "decorative" plates, mainly in the kitchen backsplash. We have seen plenty of options for the plates, from pewter to copper to nickel, etc. Are there options for the actual switches themselves? Can we get switches, such as simple light...

View more questions Search