Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    preetbahia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 08:22 PM
    x2 - 9x + 14 factor fully
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jan 6, 2011, 09:34 PM
    Can't you think of two numbers who multiply together to give you 14 and who add together to give you -9?

For example, -3 and -4 multiply together to give you 12, and they add together to give you -7. Obviously those aren't the right ones, but if they were, the answer would be (x-3)(x-4).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Factor fully [ 3 Answers ]

72y2-98

Factorise fully [ 3 Answers ]

8x squared + 4x

Toilet does not fully flush [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet does not fully flush. I have changed all the working parts inside the tank. What appears to be happening is the flapper does not stay open long enough to allow all of the water in the tank to drain into the bowl. I just bought a new flapper with a floating devise on the chain that...

Outside Spigot Will Not Fully Close [ 2 Answers ]

So my outside spigot, although apparently fully closed, will still continue to allow water to flow. I haven’t used it in ~3 weeks, and used it tonight to water some shrubs and whatnot. Now, although there is not leaking from the knob, and I can feel it reach the end of its travel, water is...

When is he fully grown? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a boston terrier puppy. He is a little over 4 months old now. I am just trying to figure out when he will stop growing. I have heard with puppies you can take their weight at 3 months and double it. But I am just wondering when he will be fully grown. TIA!!

View more questions Search