Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rimmel Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 06:29 PM
    Business - new balance sheet please help!
    So I previously asked a question about balancing a trial balance, and I finally figured that out, but now I am stuck on doing a new balance sheet. It will not balance. Aren't you supposed to put the original accounts in a balance sheet with the new amounts? I don't know if whoever reads can go to my original question and see it; my user name is rimmel or maybe you can look under business or something, I don't know but I need help! Thanks!! :)
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2011, 10:44 PM

The only accounts that go on a balance sheet is permanent accounts, not Income Statement accounts:

You need to do an Income Statement first so that you can add Net Income to your Retained Earnings.

If your balance sheet is not balancing and your adjusted trial balance is in balance you probably missing Net Income, which will be the difference between your debits and credits on your balance sheet and your income statement. Net Income will be a debit on the income statement and a credit on the balance sheet so that it will transfer from the income statement to the balance sheet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Analyzing what a business is worth from an unadjusted trial balance sheet? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an unadjusted trial balance sheet. Just from this sheet I need to figure out what this small business is worth if I were to buy it. What assets, liabilities, capital and revenue do I choose to get the right answer.

Preparing is, re and balance sheet from Trial balance adjustement sheet [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to do my income statement, retained earnings and balance sheet from my adjusted trial balance sheet. I am confused from my book about the debits and credits. When I transfer them over from the adjusted sheet. Do they stay on the same sides. For example: assests will be on the...

How to record partners'current acounts in the trial balance and balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Two persons started their own business with the amount of dhs 175000 paid by one of them who doesn't work in the company . And the other one work in the company as a general manger .Considering the money as a loan to be paid back to the partner within 18 months, when their first financial...

Balance sheet for small business [ 1 Answers ]

What is involved in making a balance sheet, and how do you set a balance sheet up?

View more questions Search