Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ffarin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Lennox Electric Furnace doesn't restart
    Hi, I have a Lennox EC10 electric furnace that doesn't seem to start when the thermostat demands. The furnace does start up but the air is not really hot so it seems to stay on for such a long time before the thermostat is satisfied. I was using a digital thermostat and thought that something may be wrong with it so I put back the old mercury switch thermostat. Same problem. If I shut off the circuit breaker for the furnace, it sometimes works normally but within half a day it goes back to the same problem. I think this may be related to an element issue.

Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2007, 11:57 PM
    Sometime when it finally shuts off, open it up and see if all the elements are hot. Slowly move your hand up to each one. It almost sounds more like a control problem if it has more than one heating rate.
    niala123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Hi, I have the same model you have.
    Just lock inside de control box and make a chek up with a voltmeter when you start your furnace.
    Make sure you hear the "click" of each stage going on.
    If not you probably have a problem with a K8 relay.
    blindeyes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 11:53 AM
    I think I have a problem with my K8 relay, does anyone know where I could get one?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace won't restart [ 27 Answers ]

Furnace will not restart, when temp. drops. When you turn the furnace switch off and then on the furnace will restart. This will happen several times a day, if nobody is home for a while it can get pretty cold.

Lennox Furnace schematics [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I need the wiring schematic for a Lennox forced air gas furnace Model #CH7D-51M. Thanks.

Lennox G12 furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My daughter has an old Lennox G12 furnace and the pilot light went out. I know this should be a simple task to relight, but we are not sure where the pilot light is and don't want to just stick a live flame in to "search" for it. Thanks, Chele

Lennox Oil Furnace Problem [ 12 Answers ]

My mom has an oil fired furnace that just stopped working. I replaced the transformer(white rodgers) that has the connections for the Thermostat,flame detector,etc. That didn't fix the problem. I have hit the reset button and that doesn't work either. At one point,I rotated the Fan Limit switch...

Lennox oil furnace [ 3 Answers ]

What is the proper procedure for cleaning a oil furnace, such as cleanouts to heat exchangers and where could I find a exploded view of a lennox oil funace

View more questions Search