Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anderski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 04:24 PM
    Evection of a person renting a room in a house we are renting to another person
    We rented to a man we know for a low amount , he was suppose to fix up the prooperty for a year then raise the rent . He asked if he could rent out one of the rooms for 200.00 a month to a friend of his, we said OK and that would make up for not reasing the rent. Now the person has not paid the 200.00 for over month plus being short other months. Now she did not pay again this month. How do we get her out of the property?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2011, 06:06 PM
    Do you have a lease? Let's start there. You've put yourself in a quandry since you let someone else, with your permission, sublease a room. Now, no one is paying. Without a written contract you may have to go through the courts and they will usually side with the other party since you, as the lessor, failed to give yourself some protection. They won't evict someone quickly, I'll almost guarantee that, it's your word against theirs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 06:32 PM

First who is the 2nd room renter suppose to pay, if they are sub leasing and suppose to pay your renter, your renter is liable to you for full rent, and it is their problem getting the rent from the other person,

If they merely arrange for YOU to rent this room to this other person, you merely evict them, since they are your renter. Where you are renting a home ( most likely only zoned for single family) to two people which may even make this other rental illegal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you have to evict a person not on a lease on the house I'm renting [ 1 Answers ]

I curently am renting one of my homes out to a tenant he has moved two people in and they are not on the lease do I have to evict them through the cort system?

Renting a room in a house [ 3 Answers ]

What are the legalities if I were to rent out a room short term, just to people on vacation for a week or so here and there (maybe a total of 1 or 2 weeks per month). No food included. Besides submitting the income from this on my tax returns, would I need to do anything else? I'm thinking of...

Renting a aprtmnt from a person who is now not in Au, and never met before [ 2 Answers ]

I found a cheap aprtmnt in Sydney, NSW and I want to rent it. However my problems are that I don't know the owner and the owner is not in Au at the moment. So what documents of the owner should i know to make sure it's safe for me to rent that aprtmnt? Some of my friends said that maybe they are...

Renting a room in my house [ 4 Answers ]

Hello there, My question is I am trying my best to stay in my home with my family. To do this I don't see any other way than renting out one of the rooms. It's on the other side of the home and has it's own bathroom with a shower stall. I also have a 5 year old boy I am very apprehesive about...

View more questions Search