Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronjb82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Can not view government sites
    For some reason I cannot access the Canadian government sites. I keep getting the "Cannot find server" message/site. This wasn't a problem in the past. As far as I know, these are the only site I am not able to connect with. All other sites have been okay.
    Sacred Paws Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 12:34 PM
    It's entirely possible that their server is down. You can try again later, or post a URL here and I'll give it a whirl.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jan 15, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ronjb82
    For some reason I cannot access the Canadian government sites. I keep getting the "Cannot find server" message/site. This wasn't a problem in the past. As far as I know, these are the only site I am not able to connect with. All other sites have been okay.
    Do you notice if they are secure (HTTPS://.... ) sites? At DOS (CMD), try entering ipconfig/flushdns (enter); then ipconfig/registerdns (enter)... If this does fix the problem, post your specific url(s) you are trying to reach.

P2E
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Post the URL you are trying to access. We'll try it from where we are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Government influence [ 13 Answers ]

When should a government be allowed to influence the public opinion?

Problem Removing Sites From IE6 Restricted Sites Zone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently removed all of the entries that SpywareBlaster v3.5.1 had automatically loaded into my restricted sites zone on IE6 browser and I noticed that there were still two sites that weren't deleted in the process. I then remembered that I had manually added them to the restricted...

Government [ 38 Answers ]

What do you think is the best form of government? Monarchy? Like the middle east or astrocracy which I don't think exists anymore, or democratic which most of the countries claim to be!

American Government [ 1 Answers ]

Definition of: the group that thought the Constitution set up a government that was too powerful was the ____________?

View more questions Search