Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2011, 11:25 AM
    Appropriate Thank You Note Timing
    I just got married! Yay!

My question is: how much time do I have for the appropriate sending of thank you notes? We got married 12/28/10 - just getting back to work and getting things in order.

How long do I have before "crazy busy" becomes "unacceptably late?"
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 6, 2011, 12:46 PM
    Where's my copy of Miss Manners? Darn. Haven't seen it since my divorce; hubby probably has it.
    (She gives plenty of good advice about a lot more than weddings.)
    I do remember that it is acceptable to give a wedding present as late as a year after the wedding - sounds good, so that you don't give the nth duplicate. But I don't think anyone would use that timeline for thank yous. I'd say a month is fine and acceptable and 2 months is middling OK. No need to say why in the note.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2011, 12:46 PM

We attended a wedding in October 2011 and received a thank you note just before christmas.

Id say you have a good 6 weeks.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2011, 11:30 AM

I think this should be based on when people start worrying about whether you got the gift or not! I'd try to do it within a month, two on the outside.

People get unecessarily overwhelmed by this task - just do a few every evening in front of the television, have some stamps handy and mail them from work the next day and you'll finish in a week. Then if you continue to receive gifts, send the thank you immediately. A little late for this since you're already married, but for others - when I got married, I wrote the thank you notes immediately when I opened the gifts that were sent to me, and then a week after the wedding, mailed them all. When we did a big gift opening the day after the wedding, my husband opened the gifts and I wrote the thank you notes right then and there. It worked very well for me because I never had the big task hanging over me, and all the addreses I had collected for the wedding invitations were still good for everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debit Note Credit Note definition [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I want to know definition of Debit Noe, Credit Note.

I changed the timing belt on 92 honda accord put all timing marks where they belong [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the timing belt on my 92 honda accord, put all timing marks where they belong. But the car won't start. It sounds like it wants to start but it does not.

Timing [ 0 Answers ]

I put a new head on my car an when I did that I must of knocked it out somehow well now it won't start I can't get it in time. I did TDC an the marks. So I did a conpression test an I'm not getting nun in all my cylders?? Get spark an gas just no conpression. Someone told me that the valves are...

Supplier overcharge to us, so what we issue debit note or credit note to them? [ 1 Answers ]

Nice to be you member. I have one question: If supply over charge to us, do we need to issue debit note and credit note? Thanks your help, Regards, Sodany

View more questions Search