Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jan 12, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Is it normal to not have your period the same every month??
    I'm 21 and I've had my period for more then 6 year's (guess). I count it first day of bleeding as first day of period (Day 1) and count until the day I have it next, as day one again. Usually I get my period the 31st day. However it vary's from 28th-31st. Also some month's it come's a week late. Recently doing so, I panic-ed and thought something was wrong, because it looked like it was a wrong color. I think it was stress freaking me out. Lol. I just would like to know, is my period abnormal? I want kid's 5-10 yr's from now, so I hope I'm able. I ask, because I never seen a gyno, and idea is freaky. Also, my parent's weren't open about helping me know about my body. --This is funny when I first had my period I thought I was dying. I didn't know what to do, and my mom didn't give me info like she should have.-- Thanks for info!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:14 AM
    This is quite common for your age. Hormones play a role in periods. At the age of 21 your hormones are not quite at the perfect level. This usually does not happen until about age 28.

It is best you get yourself checked by your OB/GYN, local health clinic or Planned Parenthood to make sure this is indeed what is going on with you.

Understand that we can only guess over the internet. Without doing a face-to-face physical exam we cannot tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Okay, you have never been to a GYN, well, girl, for your physical and reproductive health it is beyond time!! You need to make suer that you don't have STDs, or cervical cancer, or any number of other "female" problems.

Yes, it is freaky the first time, but it is easier if you can find a woman doctor. Remember she has all the same parts you do, so she knows how you feel. She has been there, done that and got the diploma to prove it! :D

Also, stop with the withdrawal method if you are not ready for children. At least get some condoms.

Jan 12, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Thanks a lot for the answer's there's a lot of good advice and info. I'm planning on trying to go to a gyno or get one soon. I just don't have any money or insurenace at the moment. I'm pretty sure we don't have std's. From what I know my family never had any, and his either. I lost my virginity to him, so I've not been in contact with anyone else.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:30 AM
    You don't get STDs from your family. You get them from your partner.

Was he a virgin too?

Look Rayne, from what you have been posting you know very little about your body. I also would like to ask your age again, since you have given 2 different ages so far.

You and your boyfriend need to go to a Planned Parenthood to learn about how your body works and different methods of birth control.

Please what is your REAL age?

Jan 12, 2007, 09:39 AM
    I'm sorry, my age is 20. I will be 21 in April. HE is 19. He and I were both virgin's.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Okay, well, you don't get STDs from your family unless you are having sex with them LOL

STD stands for sexually transmitted disease. So you can ONLY get them from having sex, whether oral or vaginal, with someone who has a sexually transmitted disease.

Jan 12, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Ok, so if we both lost our V-Card to each other, and he and I are 99.9% certain our parent's didn't give use anything from birth, are we still safe or should we get ourselves checked just to be sure? Lol... stupid question? Lol.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:55 AM
    You are still safe. Remember, you can't get an STD from someone you do not have sex with.

However, it is VERY important that a woman see a GYN once a year. It is important for many reasons, but one is to make sure you don't have cervical cancer. Yup I said the C word.

I had cancer (breast) and I went to the doctor, now I am a survivor. But if you get cancer of any kind and don't go to the doctor, you will not be a survivor.

Jan 12, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Ok thanks so much. Do gyno's take insureance or people who are poor? --sry for all the q's lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Period not normal [ 1 Answers ]

Hello well I feel a little silly asking this but I am worried the other morning me and my boyfriend were having sex and it was normal sex not rough and when I went to clean up I noticed blood I figured the sex had made me start early 17 days early by the way at first it was stringy brown and think...

Notice required on a month to month lease? [ 9 Answers ]

I signed a 1 year lease that ended on July 31, 2006 in Minnesota. The lease states that if resident stays in the apt after the lease ends, with managements approval, it becomes a month to month lease. I stayed. The notice period stated in the lease is 60 days, effective the last day of the month....

Minnesota Month to Month Notice Period [ 0 Answers ]

Trying to understand the lease that I am dealing with if I required to give a 60 day notice that my landlord claims that is in effect in a tenancy at will (after the original lease ended)or 30 days notice as a month-to-month terms of MN Law apply? Minnesota Statute 504B.135 TERMINATING...

Month to month realestate lease Illinois [ 18 Answers ]

Can a month to month tenant live out their security deposit in the state of Illinois

Delaware month to month tenant notification of moving out [ 2 Answers ]

Information on the Delaware notification of intent to vacate premises for month to month Tenants. Property management office states you need to give them sixty day notice And then I heard you only have to get a 30 day notice which is it. :confused: royal

View more questions Search