Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patiapatino Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 09:40 AM
    What age do you have to be to buy a plane ticket?
    I'm 16 and I want to buy a plane ticket. I want to buy a ticket to medford Oregon from aurora Illinois.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2011, 09:43 AM

Do you have your parents permission to go on this trip?

Jan 6, 2011, 09:43 AM
    How much money would it be to buy a plane ticket?
    I would be coming from aurora Illinois to medford Oregon.

Jan 6, 2011, 09:48 AM
    No I no longer talk with my mom and my did lives in mexico. I live with my 18 year old uncle. He says its okay to go visit one of our old friends but he can't go with my because he has school and work to keep up with.

Jan 6, 2011, 09:49 AM
    Comment on justcurious55's post
    No I no longer talk with my mom and my did lives in mexico. I live with my 18 year old uncle. He says its okay to go visit one of our old friends but he can't go with my because he has school and work to keep up with.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2011, 09:58 AM

You can just use the answer box to reply, not the comment feature.

Is this 18 year old uncle of yours your legal guardian? If you have the permission of whoever is legally responsible for you (just because you're not speaking to her doesn't mean your mother isn't still responsible for you unless someone else has legally been made responsible for you). The best thing to do would be to check with the airline you're planning to use to see what their policies are for a minor flying alone.

Jan 6, 2011, 10:02 AM
    How can I get a plane ticket!
    I'm 16 and I wouldn't have my parents permision. I don't talk to my mom anymore and my dad lives in mexico. I live with my uncle. He's 18. He can't go with me because he has school work and job to keep up with. I live in aurora Illinois and I'm trying to go to medford Oregon to see all my old friends I had when I lived there.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2011, 10:05 AM

Please don't post the same or similar questions multiple times. I'm going to ask that this be merged with your other question that is nearly identical.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 10:09 AM

Do you have the money for this trip?

Aren't you in school too?

Jan 6, 2011, 10:10 AM
    How would I get him to be my legal guardian? Couldn't I just tell the air line he is my legal guardian? My mom isn't even responsible for her self though... do you think if I called the air line and told them this they would be okay or would they need proof of some kind. Id only be going for a weekend.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by patiapatino View Post
    im 16 and i wouldnt have my parents permision. i dont talk to my mom anymore and my dad lives in mexico. i live with my uncle. hes 18. he can't go with me because he has school work and and job to keep up with. i live in aurora illinois and im trying to go to medford oregon to see all my old friends i had when i lived there.
    I'm missing something here... If your Uncle gives you permission to go, then you CAN fly by yourself.

At 16, I was booking my own flights as well as flying by myself. Unless the laws have changed. You should be able to go yourself.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2011, 10:15 AM

Why don't you find out what the airlines policies are first? Like I already suggested.

How are you enrolled in school and what not if no one is responsible for you?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2011, 10:26 AM

Something more than $10 and something less than $1,000 unless you plan to charter a plane or go first class.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by patiapatino View Post
    i would be comming from aurora illinois to medford oregon.
    Honey, the best thing for you to do is to go online and look up prices for tickets out of Midway or O'hare airports. Get quotes for all airlines.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 10:37 AM

It looks like around $400-450. Play around with this flight calculator --

Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2011, 10:48 AM

3 questions merged into one thread.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2011, 10:55 AM

That lets makes the one I answered make a lot more sense because it lacked so much information it seemed like a joke question..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got arrested for 11357(b), but purchased a plane ticket before the arrest. [ 5 Answers ]

I recently bought a plane ticket for Hawaii, and will be sent to a third world country to help people in need for 6 months as part of a volunteer project. About a week after the purchase, me, a friend, and his two friends were arrested for possession of marijuana. My flight leaves in 8 days, and my...

What is the legal age to buy cigarettes in saskatchewan? [ 2 Answers ]

Need answer as quick as possible thanks

Lottery ticket and plane crash [ 1 Answers ]

This is a movie about a man that wins a lottery, has the ticket in hand and rents a plane to fly home to cash it in. The people he rents the plane from, know he has the ticket and put just enough gas in the plane so that they know where he will run out and they are there to get the lottery ticket...

Ex boyfriend owes me money on plane ticket [ 2 Answers ]

Back in May of 2008, my long distance boyfriend in Ohio told me to buy a flight out of San Francisco to see him. I asked several times prior to purchasing the ticket on a special discount site if he could get that time off and he would procrastinate on telling me to go ahead on buying my ticket....

Plane ticket and credit card [ 5 Answers ]

I only got accepted for a student credit card and it limits me to $1000, in which I need to buy a plane ticket to australia. Is there somehow I could buy a plane ticket other then credit card or do something else? :confused:

View more questions Search