Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgsalih2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 05:29 AM
    How to start a calling card business?
    Iam planning to start a calling card business. Can anybody give me good tips about prepaid calling card business in Singapore? I want to know who is the best long distance provider.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2011, 06:25 AM

I hate to tell you... unless you already know the business well... and I mean from the inside. There are no TIPS that are going to help. It's a cutthroat and competitive business. And in any of those... there is little room for error.
    sgsalih2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 11:43 PM
    I have already started learning about this business and have spoken to some software solution providers. Only confusion I have is who are the best long distance carrier providers in my location in terms quality, Capacity, reliability and price. What do you mean by "little room for errors"?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2011, 06:10 AM

Ok... I do understand english isn't your first language.

What I mean by "little room for error" is the profit margin won't be large enough to easily make up for what anything but a small mistake can cost you.

THe other people doing this know what the real costs are... and have figured out how to keep them under control to allow them to charge rates that will want people to buy their card rather than someone else's.

As a new player... you aren't going to be familiar with any of these things... you are going to have to learn lessons they already know.

Also because there is a limited market, and a lot of people selling these already, it will push down the prices you can charge and still sell your product to anyone.

If you were able to have a high profit margin because there aren't many competitors, you are able to have a few more mistakes that cost you money... with a small margin because of many competitors usually any mistake not only wipes out your profit, but it also causes you a loss out of your pocket... which you will have to make up for.

By all means pursue your dream if nobody was making money, nobody would sell these. Was juyst trying to point out a few things they might not teach you.

I've actually had business contact with Singapoe Telecom over the years, but unfortunately I can't personally offer any advice on your local carriers. I'm a Telecommunications guy, but in the USA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a calling card / phone card business? [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to start a calling card / phone card business with little capital. If anybody knows how to do this please advise me. Any advice welcome.

How do I start a calling card business? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like information on how to start a calling card internet business. Thank you. Js

How can I start a calling card business? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Can anyone suggest any tips on starting an online calling card business. I know it's a very profitable biz but don't know how to start it. Please help. Thanks Sr

How do I start a calling card business [ 4 Answers ]

I am very much interested in the international calling card business, but have no idea what steps to take to start that, is there anyone that can help me.

View more questions Search