Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lidajoyce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 02:03 AM
    Is W. Hinkley [email protected] a legal recruitment agency?
    I received email about a job proposal in Dublin Ireland from W. Hinkley <[email protected]> and they were asking me to pay processing fee for the requirements to Translation ABC in order for me to get started with the application procedure... is this really legitimate?? Please help me..
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 6, 2011, 02:27 AM
    Smells like a SCAM to me.
    Did you actually apply for a job with these people or was it a "cold call" ?

NO legitimate company will ask for a processing fee to apply for a job!!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2011, 03:20 AM
    [email protected] is this a scam? - Cyber Crime Ops
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 6, 2011, 05:27 AM
    NO! Ireland is in a recession. But even if they weren't, IGNORE any email you get about any subject whatsoever that wants money from you. Chances of it being a scam: 100%.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 12:21 PM

These type asking for money is pure scams, If you did not apply for a job there, they don't just send randam emails to hire people
    irene123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2011, 02:57 AM
    I also got the same email.. I already paid 32 euro to process my documents and this is from Translation ABC. Please check this link: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13335

You will notice that the process is also the same. I am thinking that they only changed their name to Apply@build career.
    dotaboy123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2011, 09:33 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Was there anybody who succeeded on his/her application at [email protected]
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 09:57 PM

What part of "it is a scam" don't you understand.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 24, 2011, 11:09 PM

was there anybody who succeeded on his/her application at [email protected]
    Scams don't deliver what they promise, so no, no one succeeded with their application.

Heck, I got a similar email the other day, not the same company name, but an offer for a job in Switzerland. LMAO! Why the hell would a married mother of two uproot her kids to work as a dishwasher in Switzerland? Especially a married mother of two with a college degree?

Clue one is that they usually don't even mention your name in the email. Why would someone offer you a job when they don't even know who you are?

Think about it.

Never send money to anyone contacting you by email.
    vanski_11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 08:12 AM
    It's a freakin scam!! I was one of those whom they emailed... guess what? I called up the employer they were referring... the employer was clueless about apply@build-career!! They confirmed it was a scam.. they said they weren't hiring! And they have 1 agency only and its definitely not apply@build-career!!
    vanski_11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 08:16 AM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    Right! And they don't even say the name of their company... when I asked them about their company, they said its OppM company... imagine, oppm? Then they only use an email add recruiting employees? Not in a single email they sent me did they ever mention their company name... plus try calling the employer they are giving... they are clueless about apply@build-career!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Letter as recruitment agency to a client [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a recruitment agency. I want to approach new clients. So, Now I do have requirement of Good Covering letter format.

How to draft introduction letter as a recruitment agency to a client [ 1 Answers ]

How to draft introduction letter to client

View more questions Search