Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuila Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Only person in state history to be charged with this...
    I had an appointment with my lawyer and he told me that in this state, no one has ever been charged with "failure to be of good behavior" as a probation violation. I didn't not break any law, I didn't ignore a direct order from the judge and this has nothing to do with the reason I am on probation in the first place. What I did was dumb and ignorant, but is that enough for someone to receive a revocation of probation?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Hello Tulia:

Well, it's apparently enough to charge you. Is it enough?? I don't know. Some judges are pretty good and others aren't. Let's hope you get a good one.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 11:29 AM
    If possible since you were the first to be charged, what dumb thing is it?
    Not that it has a bearning on my answer just wondering

But on probation, you don't have to break a law to be wrote up by the probatio officer, you can be with the wrong people, in the wrong place, and more, And in the end it is all up to the judge and what he beleieves is best when he hears the case
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2007, 04:13 AM
    There are two types of probation violations, the Substantive violation and theTechnical violation. The Substantive is usually for breaking another law and the Technical is for a minor thing such as not paying all fines or fees. This "falure to be of good behavior" thing sounds like a probation department catch all. I mean, this can't really be a city, state or county law can it? Other wise, I may have warrants all over the country!
    Although a probation violation does not require the normal burden of proof, I wonder if the really dumb thing you did was of a criminal nature of any sort or just a lapse in good judgement?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

Will I still get charged? [ 1 Answers ]

I have alread received a violation for "Failure to be of good behavior". My PO threatened I could be charged with forgery - is that still coming? I was made aware of this December 22. What I am asking is - if I already got violated on "failure to be of good behavior" could I get violated again if I...

What can you be charged [ 5 Answers ]

I need help, I received a letter today from a collection agency stating that I owe $1800.00 and they are willing to settle for $1100. Here are my problems first of all I am unsure who the money is going to, and secondly if it is to the place I am thinking of which is Capital One. I had received a...

Charged w/ a crime [ 1 Answers ]

In order for these charges to "stick" the "victim" must enter a formal complaint and in some cases must be present in any and/or all hearings. You also have a legal right to know your accuser, it is part of due process... somewhere among this you must have an idea why and how this has happened. I...

View more questions Search