Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelro58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 07:59 PM
    What is the best cable modem/ wireless router combo box ?
    I have Charter cable (California) and an older CRT TV and a Netflix subscription. Just bought a Roku and want to replace my cable modem with a cable modem/wireless router box to stream Netflix/Amazon/Pandora from my computer (Mac G4 Quiksilver Gen 1). Charter tells me they can come out and trade my modem for this kind of modem/WR box, but they can't sell it to me, only rent it to me for $9.99/month. I see a lot of options online for cable modem/ WR boxes, but want to make sure it's the BEST option and a fairly easy install before I buy. Kind of confused by some of the terminology. Can someone out there just give me the straight, non-techhead bottom line on what's best and how to install? Thank you.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 06:56 PM

Show me some you have been looking at and we can explain the terminology and ups/downs for each you list!
    kelro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 08:03 AM
    Here's a few possibilities:
    Linksys EtherFast Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router
    Zyxel P974HW
    Linksys wcg200
    D-Link DSL-2640B ADSL2/2+ Modem with Wireless Router
    Motorola SURFboard SBG901 Wireless Cable Modem Gateway

Thanks!

Jan 7, 2011, 08:03 AM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    Here's a few possibilities:
    Linksys EtherFast Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router
    Zyxel P974HW
    Linksys wcg200
    D-Link DSL-2640B ADSL2/2+ Modem with Wireless Router
    Motorola SURFboard SBG901 Wireless Cable Modem Gateway

Thanks!

Jan 7, 2011, 08:04 AM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    Sorry, posted in the wrong spot above.
    kelro

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect Pantech UM175 wireless broadband modem to Belkin Wireless G router [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pantech UM 175 wireless broadband modem from Millenicom and I am able to hook it up to a laptop running Vista, a laptop running XP, and a PC running XP individually. However, I would like to have it where I can create a network so that any or all of the computers can access the internet...

Connect dsl/router to cable modem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I used to have internet connection through QWEST. Now I have Internet connection through Mediacom, which is cable internet. I use a modem called RCA DCM425 as of now. I am aware that this modem is not Wi-Fi, and 2WIRE is. After investigating a lot on the Internet I found out that it is possible...

Wireless Router Into Modem [ 2 Answers ]

I searched around, but didn't find anything exactly like this: I have a Thompson DSL modem, but it has a router built into it (4 port - yes, the router and modem are all-in-one). I need wireless in my office, so I have a Network Everywhere (Linksys) 4 port wireless router, but I can't get it to...

Wireless router-ADSL MODEM [ 2 Answers ]

I have a HUAWEI Smart AX MT882 ADSL Modem and I am trying to connect through a D-LINK WBR 1310 WIRELESS router unsuccessfully even after following the instructions given in the disk carefully. Tell me how I can connect to the net using these two.

CABLE and Modem Router [ 11 Answers ]

Hi my buddys has a cable modem which she connects to the internet with, its got one USB and one ethernet port on the modem. Ive only seen t he modem through webcam so I couldn't play around, we were NOT able to connect 2 machines one through usb and the other through ethernet. The cable...

View more questions Search