Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ElJameso Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 05:54 PM
    How do I clean my glass top stove?
    I have a glass top stove and it gets "heat rings" on the elements where I put my pots and pans. They are brown and gross looking. I clean my stove every time I use it but these do not come off. Can anyone help me?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2011, 06:15 PM

Have u tried "Cook top" cleaner and polish? Can get it at any big box store, usually in appliance dept.

That and a single edge razor cleaner will clean it up.

Chuck
    ElJameso Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 06:19 PM
    Comment on creahands's post
    Awesome, thanks! I will give er a shot!
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2011, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by creahands View Post
    Have u tried "Cook top" cleaner and polish? Can get it at any big box store, usually in appliance dept.

That and a single edge razor cleaner will clean it up.

Chuck
    This is what I do, and sometimes let it sit there for a while. I believe the soft scrub might work just as well:) I usually clean it all off with an amonia cleaner like windex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay EF200D. How to clean the glass gobe? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan, model# EF200D. Above the fan blades is a glass globe which is lit by 4 7w bulbs. Over time, the glass globe has collected dust inside which is visible from the outside and is unsightly. The question is: Can the globe be raised to allow for cleaning on the...

Hotpoint stove top [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Hotpoint electric stove that has a ceramic cooking top that has a crack in one of the burner areas due to a bottle falling on it from a shelf. The questions is it safe to continue using the cracked burner or is a replacement necessary?

How do I clean a stove top? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently acquired a very nice bisque colored gas stove. However one of the burner areas has baked on food that I can't get off. Any ideas what to use to get it off. I tried a scratch pad but that just scratched the surface and the crud is still there.

How to clean an ignition electrode on a stove [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have a Hotpoint gas stove that is @ 9 months old. It has a sealed burner top. This evening I couldn't get the back simmer burner to light. It made a clicking sound when I turned the knob to "light" and I could manually light it with a lighter, but it would not light itself. I took of the...

Frusterated with my glass top stove [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my glass top stove for three years now and have loved it up until the last couple of months. I am not sure what happened but the two left burners are all brown and somewhat a spotted effect. I have tried razor blades, glass top cleaner, baking soda, rubbing alcohol, CLR, soft scrub,...

View more questions Search