Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 05:22 PM
    what video card would i use to get a 4.0 or 5.0 rating to play FSX
    Flight simulator x needs a game rating of 4.0 or 5.0, so what video card would I buy?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2011, 05:37 PM

Hate to tell you but there is far more than just video performance in that required figure. The best video card made won't get you a 5.0 if you plug it into a low cost machine. Otherwise known as a TURD, boat anchor or doorstop.. and a 5.0 machine is no slouch. Nor very cheap to build.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2011, 06:41 AM
    For an FYI

Here is an FYI... its NOT a gaming rig. Its my main computer I just partially rebuilt salvaging parts of my old computer.

Asus Motherboard P5D I think it was
    Q8300 Quad core cpu
    8 gig DDR-2 Ram
    120 gig OCZ Agility SSD boot drive SATA

Two - SATA 1- Terrabye data drives (Hitachi)

SATA Blue ray burner

ATI video 512 meg PCI-express video card... (was less than $100) forget exact model.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit version

I got these scores...

Processor 7.2
    Memory 7.2
    Graphic 5.7
    Gaming Graphics 5.7
    Primary HD 7.3

And with these a base score of 5.7 for the windows experience

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Video game rating [ 2 Answers ]

What video game rating rating do you like e,t,m?

Why does my Sondy DVD/Video player only play sound when playing video tapes? [ 2 Answers ]

We have a Sony DVD/Video player. This is hooked up to a Vizio TV. Our TV is hooked up to Direct TV satellite dish. When I play a DVD it works fine, sound and picture. When I switch it to Video, I only get sound. There are 5 cable lines hooked up to the back of the DVD/Video player. On one...

My game won't play normally even though I undated my ProSavage DDR video card driver [ 2 Answers ]

I am a complete computer idiot, but I love to play Sims on the PC. I installed Sims to a few years ago, but have never been able to play it normally. It is very slow, takes long time to load, and sometimes freezes, but not often. My friend said to download an update for my video card driver or...

I can't play halo1 with my video card [ 6 Answers ]

My video card is S3 PROSAVAGE DDR 32Mb but I can't play Halo1 PROBLEM: your computer's video driver is known to have serious issues with the game A newer version that is compatible may be available.. .

What is the PCI-E Video Card equivalent to this AGP Video Card? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in a turmoil to either upgrade my AGP Video Card to another AGP or a PCI-E. Most of you will say upgrade a motherboard that has a PCI-E slot, but that means upgrading everything else including memory, video card, MAYBE CPU - and that could mean a whole lot because I don't want to buy a cheap...

View more questions Search