Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isabellagrace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 05:04 PM
    The length of an Earth day is determined by the time required for approximately one
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 5, 2011, 06:29 PM

Were you going to finish that question or were you hoping we would? Drop the word approximately and insert exactly one rotation
    BenAssa Posts: 21, Reputation: -1

Jan 6, 2011, 04:47 PM
    The only simple answer is the "turn of the sun around the earth"
    Of course the sun doesn't actually turn around the earth.
    However the earth turns around itself every roughly 23 hours and 55 minutes. This would have been the length of a "turn of the sun around the earth"/ day if the earth stood still while turning around itself, the extra several minutes come from the earth's movement around the sun

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lived and worked part-time in Florida approximately 9 or 10 months [ 1 Answers ]

I was not deducted any state or local taxes from my employer do I need to file a state tax return

Length of notice required to ask tenant to move [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to move into my condo in Tustin, CA. My tenant is month-month for 3years. How much notice is required.

In honor of Earth Day [ 47 Answers ]

I missed Earth Day yesterday. But I don't want to let the day pass without comment, so I am posting the following: Just something to contemplate. We are not more powerful than God or Nature, we cannot change the chemistry of the planet in any meaningful way, and we cannot protect...

Last Day of Earth.of Humanity [ 1 Answers ]

What would you do if they told you that it would be your last day on earth? That no one was safe? Would you run? Where would you go? Or If they told you that your area was infected and quarantined would you protest? I think I would stay at home with my family, pray, say goodbye and reflect...

View more questions Search