Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Ultrasound gender accuracy
    I had an ultrasound at 12 weeks and was told it was a boy then another at 18 weeks and was told it was a boy again what are the chances of being a girl. Should I have another ultrasound? Also have you heard of the draino test? Is it accurate
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Wow, to be able to see the scrotum at 12 weeks is pushing it a bit by the technician. Usually it's only after 20 weeks that the image is clearer i.e. physical characteristics are better developed. I wouldn't paint the room blue just yet. :)
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 07:58 AM
    There is always a small amount of guess work when it comes to ultrasound. Sometimes there is absolutely no doubt(as with my two boys) and sometimes it is hard to tell because of the position of the baby, sometimes the umbilical cord can be mistaken as little boy parts haha. Sometimes the baby is shy, and its hard to see. The 18 week ultrasound would be more accurate, but since they say it was still a boy, I would be more inclined to believe. Depending on how you are getting these ultrasounds (out of pocket expense, insurance,doctor ordered, etc) that will put a limit on how many you can get. The draino test is a myth. There was a posting on here not too long ago about it, if you want to search it out. Believe it is a boy, but as with everyone else that has an ultrasound, be ready for a surprise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gender Inequality [ 20 Answers ]

I am from India. I am aware that India is currently facing many internal problems and I would like to make people aware of this and persuade them to unite to fight this problem. The problems are 1) Increasing Feminism leading to collapse of social infrastructure. 2) Biased legal system where Laws...

Everything Has A Gender [ 1 Answers ]

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender... *Ziploc Bags are Male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them. *Copiers are Female, because once turned off; it takes a while to warm them up again. It's an effective reproductive device if the...

20 week ultrasound. [ 17 Answers ]

I went in for my lvl 2 u/s today and everything is looking great. The twins are weighing in at 10oz each. I've gained a total of 9lbs although I've lost two. We managed to find out the sexes today although they weren't as coperative as I had hoped for. It looks like we're having a boy(definately)...

View more questions Search