Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugarbaby12117 Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Jan 4, 2011, 08:28 PM
    How can I get started being Bulimic?
    I'm 5'2" and I'm 134 pounds... I know you may hear this a lot but I seriously don't know what I keep doing wrong! One day I'll be 123 pounds than the next I'll be 128 pounds and I barely eat that day. I think that adding Bulimia to my daily schedule would help me lose weight for my Bat-Mitzvah. I'm super insecure and I watch all my hot friends get boyfriends and on the inside I'm really upset. Can anyone help me with a proper diet including Bulimia for me? Thanks.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2011, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarbaby12117 View Post
    Can anyone help me with a proper diet including Bulimia for me? Thanks.
    Hello sugar:

Bulimia is a disease - not a diet. You're welcome.

excon
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2011, 08:36 PM

You're probably gaining weight because you're starving yourself. Basically, when you don't eat your body goes into a sort of survival mode and your metabolism slows down. What you should be doing is eating small, healthy, well balanced snacks and meals throughout the day. Lean proteins, low fat foods, lots of fruits and vegetables, avoid junk food, sodas, other things with lots of sugar. If you begin deliberately purging most likely it will soon take over and be out of your control and you'll spend the rest of your life recovering from it.

Jan 4, 2011, 08:37 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    I know that but some of my friends are and I just want to know how to get into the habit of it. And thank you for already explaining something that I sort of already knew... <3. But thank you

Jan 4, 2011, 08:39 PM
    Comment on justcurious55's post
    Thank you so much... this is really going to help me. I really appreciate this answer... Thank you sooooo much justcurious55!!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2011, 08:41 PM

sugarbaby12117 does not find this helpful : I know that but some of my friends have become Bulimic and I want to try to get into the habit of it. But thank you for explaining something I already knew. <3
    Sugarbaby, please read the rules of the site that you agreed to when you signed up. Disagrees, or reddies, are only to be used for factually incorrect answers. Excon's answer was not factually incorrect, which makes your reddie unwarranted.

And obviously you don't know how serious it is. It's not just a habit. It IS a disease. You really should probably be in professional therapy and seeing a nutritionist.

Jan 4, 2011, 08:43 PM
    Well I was just wondering... It never hurts to wonder. But I am sorry about the whole thing. I'm kind of lashing out in ways that I don't even realize yet.

Jan 4, 2011, 08:45 PM
    Oh and I do go to therapy... I truly am trying to improve about this whole thing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 09:05 PM

Ok, so listening and following rules is something you also don't do HUH?

1. stop using that stupid comment feature, and actually "answer" the question in the answer box, to add more info. You were asked nicely before, As moderator , I do not ask as nice.

Next you want to risk throat cancer, cause serious gun disease and more also ?

But you are gaining wait, since you actually harm your body and make it use sugars and fats incorrectly if you starve it.
    And if you do start losing weight, you lose the wrong weight and do serious harm to the body and your health.

You need a good balanced diet, and yes you may go up and down at times, but that if the battle of proper dieting

Jan 4, 2011, 09:12 PM
    I'm sorry I literally just found this and made an account like 45 minutes ago and I'm still trying to figure it out... im only 12 and I'm just trying to figure out some things that I have been searching for an answer to and I guess I can't find my answers here. I was only trying to help me...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 09:19 PM

Honey, I'm a nurse. I can tell you from a health standpoint why you don't want to be bulimic.

Bulimia will destroy the enamel on your teeth, so your teeth will turn black, get painful and fall out.

Bulimia will cause you to get painful blisters on your fingers.

Bulimia will make you risk getting throat cancer as well as burning your esophagus making it impossible to eat anything anymore.

Most people with Bulimia are actually overweight. They actually end up gaining weight instead of losing weight.

If you want to lose weight you need to eat a healthy diet and exercise.

Jan 4, 2011, 09:26 PM
    Ok thanks... I wasn't that educated in this I just thought it made you skinny but now I actually understand what it does to your body. Thank you for helping me in this and teaching me that even wondering about this sort of thing is unhealthy. I think I'll go the healthy way to lose weight!!
    victoriaweaver2 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 09:29 PM
    J_9 is right, sweetheart. Starving yourself is never the answer. You're beautiful just the way you are. Boys at your age aren't the brightest in the bunch. You make people happy, and you make someone smile. You are beautiful just the way you are. Please don't use bulimia as "diet plan" or anything else like that. Its an eating disorder that can kill you. You are the way you are for a reason. And I'm sure you'll be beautiful for your Bat-Mitzvah.
    cphlegm Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 09:31 PM
    Bulimia is not a diet, it is a psychological disease which could do more harm than good. Bulimia will lead to the corrosion of your teeth, along with the esophagus. Not only that but it doesn't actually have the "results" many people think, it is not like anorexia. Both of these are horrible to have, but Bulimia will not change your weight all that much, do remember you body will be sacrificing some of the energy it needs if you do this. The best way to lose weight is through proper diet and exercise, the exercise doesn't even have to be that intense, just as long as it satisfies your needs; including walking, walking up and down the stairs, and if you can run. Also with the diet, make it something you can stick to, not something you will relapse in, you do not want to weight cycle because it will increase your mortality risks. Another good tip would be to drink at least 8 cups of water a day, also when the water is cold your body will burn more calories, so stick with cold water. You also have a BMI of 24.5 which is normal, 25 is the cut, still you are young and have nothing to worry about. If you are still having issues you should consult with a doctor or physician. You could possibly have a thyroid problem, or even psychological.

Hope I helped:)

Jan 4, 2011, 09:33 PM
    Thank you both J_9 and victoriaweaver2.. . I would always look at myself as the different girl but now I know that changing how I am the bad way is NEVER the answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you know if you're bulimic [ 4 Answers ]

Im a 16 year old girl and i had low self-esteem issues a year ago and i would eat and look at my skinny cousins showing their stomachs off and i guess i made myself feel bad. I then started purging.... i thought it was an okay thing to do but it wasn't. My aunt had went through the same thing and...

I want to become bulimic how [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and am overweight I want to be bulimic or anerexic please help I will stop when I get to the weight 100 lbs.

How do I become bulimic [ 8 Answers ]

:) I'm not crazy I just think I'm overweight I weigh 115 and I am 14 I think that's bad:( I want to at least loose 20lbs. I think I would feel better.. so plzz plzz help:confused:

How to become Bulimic? [ 40 Answers ]

I was wondering on how to become bulimic? I am a little over weight and I need to lose it, and I think that would be the easiest way to lose weight fast. I think I can control myself after I get to the point of where I want to be. I just can't remember what you do. Can anyone help me?

View more questions Search