Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Jan 4, 2011, 05:57 PM
    Weekly Reader (?) book about a giant family who ate pumpkins, from the 1960's?
    This has been plaguing me for years. When I was little, I read a book that had belonged to my dad or one of my aunts. I would guess it was written in the 1960's, maybe early 70's, and I think it was a Weekly Reader book or something similar. It was something to do with a family of giants whose son started eating pumpkins and got really fat.. at least that's the best I can remember. I've tried searching tons of times and can't figure out what it was called...

EDIT: Of course, shortly after writing this, I've found it. :) I had the details a little mixed up--it was not a FAMILY of giants, but a Pumpkin Giant. I actually found the whole text here: http://www.soupsong.com/fpumpki2.html
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Feb 3, 2014, 10:29 AM
    I forgot I asked this. :)

Here's the answer, if anyone was curious: The Pumpkin Giant by Mary E. Wilkins Freeman — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

~tmk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weekly reader book club [ 0 Answers ]

Is there a list of book titles from the Weekly Reader book club? I am interested primarily in titles from the 1950's. Can you help?

Looking for book from The Weekly Reader Book Club, 60's or 70's, paperback, on WWI. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I trying to find a book that I bought in the mid-60's from The Weekly Reader Book Club. I believe it was simply called World War I. It's a small paperback. There's pictures in the book, one of which is subtitled "Doughboys to the Front". In this photo is my grandfather. I loaned...

Weekly reader book order book from the 80's [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I am so frustrated! I had this book when I was in the 5th grade in the 80's, I'd say it was around 1985 or 1986. Anyway, I loved this book and I lost it when I was a kid and I would give ANYTHING to find it again! I got the book from the Weekly Reader book order in school. There was a girl...

View more questions Search