Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bikernaz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 03:34 PM
    New pool pump motor... low pressure low return flow
    We bought a home with warranty,the pool motor and timer went out... repair company replaced the motor and internal timer mechanism... it is 1 horse 220 volt system... had an eplus motor on it and the pressure was about 10 to 12 pounds on the gauge and the return flow was obvious as it would push ripples across the water to the opposite side to pool steps... after he replaced timer guts and looks like a rebuilt magnatek motor... I have 2 lbs pressure and very little flow... now the baskets and kreepy are all clean and operational like as before... so I'm wondering why?. there is 2 120 voltage lines in and out of the timer and to the legs on the motor... but while running the lines on motor has 120 and 5 volts... normal? I can attach pics
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 24, 2011, 11:38 PM

Turn off all power to your equipment and double check the connections at the time clock. Then remove the back cover on the motor and double check the connections there and also check to make sure the motor is set up for 220.
    Hot_Tubs_Honey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 01:23 PM
    This is terrible. You should definitely consult your dealer. Choosing the best pool, hot tubs and spa dealer is a critical part of your purchasing decision. The combination of water, electrical controls, motors, and exposure to the elements means you'll eventually need maintenance of some kind on your tub—and the dealer is the source on which you will depend.

Look for dealers who provide service calls, as opposed to those who pass service calls off to a third party. You want the expertise and reliability of dealer repairs—not a third party that has a large customer base to deal with.

Similarly, you'll want to choose a dealer who handles his own deliveries. Those who outsource delivery may not consider the challenges specific to your situation—narrow entryways, for example, or unsuitable supports—when they sell you the tub, leading to a big "uh-oh" moment when the delivery arrives.
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 29, 2011, 07:34 PM
    What are do you live in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool Pump Pressure Low - Water Stream Weak [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old DoughBoy Pool system. The water flow is weak and sporadic whether it's on filter, backwash, pump to waste etc. :mad: Can these pumps be repaired? Or is there some technique I can try? I someone is at their PC today; It's a beautiful day in Grand Rapids. Thanks in advance for...

Low pressure/flow well water [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a new house in CT. It has well water and I have always had city water. The pressure seems real low at some of the faucets- mostly the kitchen sink and tub faucet. The "pump" pressure ranges from 40 to 60 psi. The builder said the well is capable to 10 (gpm?) but the pump is rated for...

Low Pressure and Low Flow Water Supply [ 4 Answers ]

I recently moved into a house that is about 6 years old. The house sits upon a small hill. The water pressure is 40 psi at the street and the flow rate is 13 gpm. At the house, the pressure is about 30 psi and the flow rate is 3.5 gpm. The house is higher than the street level, but the...

View more questions Search