Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BUBBAT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Bad Business Credit
    I Currently Own A Business With Mounting Debt. The Debt Is On Business Credit Cards. I Have Very Good Personal Credit. If I Do Not Pay A Creditor In My Business Will It Effect My Personal Credit. When I Run My Personal Credit, The Business Credit Does Not Show Up. Can The Creditors Come After Me Personally Or Just The Business.
    cycoville Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 02:10 AM
    I was in a similar situation and unless you have corporate protection for your business Yes you can be liable for your business's debt.
    I was advised to form a corp. An LLC is good but depending on your type of business you may need an S corp.
    Both offer the same protectoin without the double taxation of a C corp.
    I have an S corp since I'm a contractor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a new home have BAD credit [ 12 Answers ]

:( Hello I am the mother of 5 wonderful children. We are renting now, it is an old farm house, in the winter our heating bill is around 700 a month (just for the fuel) that's not including the elec. It is drafty and hot in the summer. We are in desperate need of a new home. The problem is we have...

How do you get unsecured lines of business credit [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to start a new entity and obtain unsecured lines of business credit using strictly the entity to sign for the loan. If so, please detail how and what are the best lending institutions to work with. Thanks

Personal Loans w/ Bad Credit [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. Happy Holidays. I am not trying to create a sob story, however, I realize if anyone can or will help I need to briefly describe my situation. In a nut shell. I am one of the millions who has managed to find myself in the black hole of debt. A couple of years ago, I had myself...

Bad to Good Credit [ 1 Answers ]

I need help on trying to repair my wife and my credit. We went way into debt but just paid it all off. I have heard you need to have a credit card (secure or unsecure) and charge it monthly to build your credit score. We just came out of 32K of debt and afraid of credit cards. Some of our...

Loans for bad credit [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get a loan with bad credit. I do not want a pyday loan. I need a personal loan. Any suggestions for lenders?

View more questions Search