Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 12:38 PM
    Dell Latitude D510. Blue Screen, vertical white dots?
    I have run into an issue I have not seen before so I was hoping to get some input. As mentioned in the title, the laptop is a Dell Latitude D510 with ATI card running Windows Vista Enterprise. Immediately after logging in the screen goes blue with vertical white dots (not squares, not triangles). The laptop then restarts. (vicious cycle)

This screen and it's actions after display are concurrent with the BSOD, however characters are replaced with dots and it's the entire screen (like a dot matrix) not just sentence long strings.

Safe-mode & safe-mode with networking both get the same result. Safe-mode with command prompt does not (hmmm)...

We have tried all options on startup as we are limited since we can't successfully start the laptop.

Ideas?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 5, 2011, 10:12 AM

Never mind! A bad DIMM was the issue!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Laptop White Screen / Motherboard Part Number Help! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting a white screen with vertical lines filling the screen as soon as I power on my Dell Vostro 1310 laptop. I have an identical working laptop which I used to troubleshoot with by changing the following but to no avail: Memory Battery TFT screen TFT Inverter TFT Backlight TFT...

Unmountable boot volume blue screen on dell optiplex gx280 [ 1 Answers ]

Help, I can't even open in Safe Mode

Dell Blue Stop screen [ 1 Answers ]

We keep getting this stop screen that tells you to disable the BIOS memory options such as caching and shadowing. 1) How do you do this? 2)What causes this to happen? 3) How can I prevent it in the future? We also get error messages about video drivers and RAM errors...

Laptop, blue screen, white lines then restarts [ 2 Answers ]

For some reason, my laptop will get a blue screen with white scrambled, jerky Lines. The lines resemble text, but I can't tell. After this happens it will restart itself. It happens every now and then. Any clues?

View more questions Search