Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrissyDi Posts: 250, Reputation: 5

Jan 4, 2011, 08:46 AM
    Many symptoms, what do you think?
    2 weeks ago, the doctor said I had a bladder infection. I have been taking antibiotics for that and I have one more day on those (I missed one day or so of taking them.) But I do NOT and haven't had pain while urinating or burning. I was having an itchy feeling and was peeing a lot so I told her I might have one and she did a urine test and confirmed it.

I had my period on December 17 or 18th (It is VERY normal and regular) but now I have been having nausea, dizzy spells, extreme thurst, frequent urination (ALL THE TIME), flutters in my stomach, a heavy feeling at the bottom of my stomach, stomach is full and tight at the bottom (Basically I feel exactly how I felt with my first pregancy, but I do not think I am pregnant.)

Ok, so I also have been having some occasional aches in my belly so I thought maybe it's gas so I did a detox a couple days ago and it cleansed everything out and yet the feeling remains. I really don't know. I have low blood sugar (since my last pregancy 17 months ago) and I eat every 3 hours... yet I am still dizzy and such. What could it all mean? I feel soooooooooooo sick! I had BAD nausea with the last pregnancy, but we are using condoms so I don't think it's pregnancy. Could the bladder infection have gotten worse even though I'm taking the medicine?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 4, 2011, 09:42 AM
    Antibiotics give me a queasy feeling. You don't mention whether you are on any BC. It's impossible to tell someone online what the odds are that her symptoms are of pregnancy.
    I always try to get my intestinal flora back after antibiotics with lots of yogurt regardless.

Jan 4, 2011, 08:37 PM

I have been eating tons of greek yogurt while on the antibiotics and before. Hubby and I are using condoms. I know someone can't say "You are" or "You are not." But the point of this site is to get opinions, right? And I figured someone else might have had these symptoms with a bladder infection. This is my first one so I don't know what it feels like or if the antibiotics have not worked for someone or if they had one that got worse, etc. I posted this under women's health for that reason.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 09:11 PM

Certain Anti-b's can give you these symptoms as well. What are you on?

It very well could be due to your UTI, but if I were you I would wait for the next period and then take a pregnancy test.

Just because you use condoms doesn't mean you "can't" get pregnant. Some of us have used 2 or 3 forms of birth control EXACTLY as directed and still conceived.

Jan 6, 2011, 06:00 PM

The anti was chloramphenicol. I have been off it since Monday and still having symptoms. I took an equate early response hpt today and got a VERY faint line. I called the doc asked if I need to come in now or wait until after I miss a period and Im still waiting for them to call back.
    The line was soooo faint you could barely see it. Does that mean a positive? My period is due between January 13-17.
    Expert

Jan 7, 2011, 09:38 AM

It's best to wait until you miss your period to test.

Jan 10, 2011, 08:49 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    Wait, wait, wait... what a word. So easier said than done. I'm doing my best.

Jan 16, 2011, 09:22 PM

Ok, so I took 2 more hpts and they both had VERY faint lines. I went to the doctor and she ordered a blood test. That came back negative. I took 2 more hpts and they came out negative. I had some light, thin bleeding for 3 days with no pain or clots. Now, Im not sure what to think. All my symptoms remain... dizziness, nausea, frequent urination, extreme thirst, I'm always HOT or cold, sore breasts, got to take naps, food aversions, etc.
    I had blood work and pancreas and metablolism check- all normal. My bloodsugar was checked last month and it was low... which is what happened the last time I was pregnant. But I eat how I should and still all these symptoms.

Argh... looks like I'll be waiting some more. Yiiipppeee!

Jan 16, 2011, 09:26 PM

Also, It has been 2 weeks since my last day on the antibiotic and 2 days since the bleeding stopped. Im not sure if it was an early, off period, implantation bleeding, or decidual bleeding. Any thoughts? Doc told me to avoid sex and heavy activity to be sure the egg implanted properly in the uterus. (This was before the blood test results came back.)

Do I STILL need to avoid sex? Could I still be pregnant?
    Expert

Jan 16, 2011, 09:34 PM

You need to follow doctors orders. We cannot, in all honesty, tell you whether you need to refrain from intercourse. Call your doc in the morning for clarification.

Also, was your thyroid checked?

Jan 18, 2011, 08:16 PM

Yes, my thyroid was checked by multiple levels of bloodwork and a sonogram... all was fine. As I mentioned, I just finished getting pocked and prodded for everything you can imagine... and now this. It just feels crazy.

Jan 24, 2011, 07:38 PM

Update: still having symptoms. Also occasional cramps, sometimes on left ovary, sometimes on right ovary, sometimes an achiness and twitching in uterus. I talked to my OB today and he said it might be a cyst. I will go in sometime this week, waiting for office staff to call me back and schedule an appt. Anyone have experience with cysts? Can ovarian cysts cause all of these symptoms, with cramping on left and right ovary and twitches in uterus? Wouldn't he have felt a cyst if I just had my annual in November? I also have an occasional ache run down the side of my stomach.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 25, 2011, 08:24 AM
    Maybe look further into low blood sugar by trying 3 ounces of OJ at times when you feel faint and dizzy.
    Also, if you are peeing a lot, you of course have to drink a lot. Some of your symptoms are those of dehydration. I realize that's begging the question, but be sure to drink much more fluids than usual.

Jan 25, 2011, 08:41 PM

Good new persepctive joypulv.

I went to the OB today and it's not a cyst. PRAISE GOD. He thinks I may have had an early, early chemical pregnancy and still experiencing some of the symptoms from that. With all of these symptoms and the possibility of being pregnant, we have decided to stop using protection. So, who knows, I could be pregnant any day now. OB says everything looks good, uterus is in the perfect spot and I should have another healthy pregnancy. Since this EXACT thing happened last time with my son, I've just started calling these little scenarios my "spiritual pregnancies." I guess it's God's way of showing me that he means business when he has been prompting me to have a baby. Hee Hee

Feb 9, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Ok, just to update this blog, I wanted to let you ladies know that my symptoms last month were inconclusive. The doc checked for cysts and all was clear. The symptoms started to fade and then I had a sudden onset of flu symptoms and some light pink bleeding when I wiped, 2 days before my period was due. That was Sunday night and when I woke up on Monday, there was nothing there. That evening when I wiped, there was a brownish discharge and then nothing again. I took a digital pregnancy test and it said, PREGNANT! Wow, that is crazy! Hubby was out of town for 2 weeks and just got back on Friday. We only were unprotected for a week and it wasn't even the time the egg was available. Im guessing the sperm must have survived for 4-5 days.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2011, 07:14 PM

Congrats Crissy! Wow... seems like we just were saying this not too long ago! Hope it's a smooth and easy pregnancy for you... enjoy!
    Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 09:03 PM

Congrats Crissy!! Hope you have a wonderful and uneventful pregnancy. Keep us posted.

Feb 11, 2011, 04:57 PM
    Thanks Doula and J_9. Yes, Kai is only 18 months so this should be REALLY interesting. I'm believing God for an easy and uneventful pregnancy and delivery for sure!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 18 and last month on the 4th I got what I think was my period but it was very light never filling a pad and of dark brown to black color and on the 2nd of this month I got it again still very light never filling a pad and still dark brown to black color I've been feeling dry mouthed and...

Symptoms gone [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! Well right now I'm 9 weeks pregnant... at about 6-7 weeks I was getting nauseas & I threw up a few times. Also My breast were really tender but now I don't feel nauseated & My breast aren't tender anymore. Culd that be a sighn of something wrong with My baby or possible misscarriage? I had a...

Symptoms [ 4 Answers ]

Light bleedin week before period, missed period, cramps, sore nipples, I get mad very easy now, Im tired a lot but never seem to be able to fall asleep. Im hungry really late at night. I almost failed a class and almost started to cry over it. It was so stupid. Rosalie Colin

What are these symptoms of? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My last period was on Dec.28 07-Jan3 08. I haven't had it since then and it's the 8th Feb. I have been having mild cramping since then, some brown discharge, but no period.. I also noticed that I have some bleeding (more than spotting, but not enough to fill a panty liner)only when I have...

Symptoms [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I'm 19 years old and well I've been waking up very thirsty in the morning everyday for a long time now, and I always go urinating frequently during they day. But I also drink plenty of water through out the day.infact, I only drink water instead of any juice or soda. Even if I drink water to...

View more questions Search