Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 08:25 PM
    Take a look at this website. Looking for opinions.
    Home - New Year and a New Challenge

This is my brothers site. What he wants to do is create a nonprofit and deal with events year round surrounding the fostercare system. I mean is this OK? Should he think bigger, more professionally made site? I already have gave him my viewpoint but figured I'd give AMHD a go at it and see what you all think.

I mean I can create a site and host it etc... but my question is if its necessary for what he needs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 09:25 PM

I mean it is obviously from a free web site, with advertising on it, which means that it may or may not at times contain adds he does not like. Heaven only knows some of the ads I get on Google ads are the exact thing I am talking against, but there they are.

So at what professional level is he going to operate, is his web site going to be the face for this, and will it be used to have people donate money to ?
    Networking Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 09:31 PM

Well as stated in other posts he works closely with various foster/adoption programs in the state as well as the Jimmy Wayne foundation. I am unsure if he expects to use this as a face for any of these programs or the one he wishes to create.

This is what I told him:

All I am saying is a website is a direct reflection of your purpose and goal. If you have a cheaply made, cheaply monitored website it reflects negatively on the mission you're trying to encompass and the message you're trying to send. Your objective; while influential and respectable, needs to be better planned and more adequately publicized. Using a free web/blog site; which may or maynot be financially apprepriate at the time, has it's downsides. If you're serious about this blog, and the things you're trying to portray, I believe a more serious look must be given at the avenues in which you're going to use, especially if you're planning on including other programs you're apart of or associated to as their programs will also be a direct reflection of this site.
    Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 09:43 PM

I will give you an example,

I did a low budget church website, ( I am no longer a member) but take a look at it in comparison, I think it costs about 60 dollars a year for the web address.

Unity Catholic Church

I do a free one for my martial arts school, see link at bottom of the page here, but I am just trying to get students ( many low income who can't pay me anyway) so I don't have the funds for a higher grade

But if he was coming to me, some of the things I look for, is a email address that is not a Google or Yahoo address, but where they have their own web site and their own email address,

It should be as good as the web site of the groups he is working with, or better
    Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 09:44 PM

And side note, I hope him luck, it seems like a good cause.
    Networking Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 10:37 PM

I understand what you're saying. He works closely with MYOI & HOPE

While these sites will coincide and most likely involve the same youth board members, I still believe one must positively reflect the other. Both myself and my brohter (older brother AKA my boss) are both capable of creating a professional looking site (if my younger brother deems necessary or desirable)

I guess I just wanted an opinion! Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best website for website design beginners? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best website for website design beginners?

Website layout - honest opinions. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys. I have been working on writing material for my website for quite some time now and it has finally come to me putting it all together... I worked on this front index page today and I wanted some honest opinions about how it looks. Unfortunately I am undecided on a server yet so...

Any opinions ? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I was kind of with this girl in the summber but we both went on vacation like she went on a week or seomthing. Day she came back I left for mine for 2 weeks than when I came back she left again.. so we started fighting and things changed. Didn't talk to her for awhile saw her around and saw...

View more questions Search