Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    erika_ann77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Leaving preschool to nanny for family in class
    Hi!
    I've been working at the same early childhood center for over two years. About one year ago, I began picking up a two girls before school. I wake them up, get them ready and we're off. The family pays me well for doing this every morning and it has been a nice supplement to my income. Now, the family has asked me to nanny for the two girls and is willing to pay me 10000 more a year than what I am making now. This is a hard offer to refuse as ECE teachers don't make much to begin with. I would absolutely LOVE this opportunity but I'm afraid it's unethical. I didn't pursue them but none the less, I don't want my employer to be upset. I am very valued at my work and would be leaving along with a family from my school. There is a waiting list to get into the school so I don't think the school would go broke, but I think that's beside the point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Erika
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Apr 15, 2007, 08:59 PM
    I would give the center a 2 week notice - or more if you feel comfortable - and write a letter of how much I have enjoyed working there, how much I have learned, etc. If this opportunity pays more and you want the job, by all means take it. I would be discreet about why I am leaving. I would say something like, "I'm taking a new position that is more suitable to my schedule/goals/life. I need to make a change." Your employer may get angry - but you need to look out for number one. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nanny Mcphee [ 7 Answers ]

I just saw the best little film I have seen in a long time. Nanny Mcphee, if you haven't seen it yet it is just excellent! Gather the kids around, make popcorn and sit back and enjoy. Angela Lansbury plays the wicked old aunt and she is a gasser! If you have seen it let me know what you think.:p

Teacher asked to Nanny by family in class [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've been working at the same early childhood center for over two years. About one year ago, I began picking up a two girls before school. I wake them up, get them ready and we're off. The family pays me well for doing this every morning and it has been a nice supplement to my income. Now, the...

Qualification For Preschool? [ 7 Answers ]

What Age Is Good For Preschool And Does Anyone Know What Kids Have To Know In Order To Qualify?

View more questions Search