Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ken_wall2003 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 09:55 AM
    Windows failed to start
    A recent hardware or software change may have caused this... no recovery disk. Any suggestions for recovering data?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 3, 2011, 09:57 AM
    Have you tried booting to Safe Mode ?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 09:59 AM

Do you have the options for safe mode?
    What Operating System are you running?
    Was it OEM software or did you install a retail operating system or was it pirated.
    Have you recently made any changes?

Answering these questions will give us a better idea of what we're dealing with!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The application failed to initialize because the windows station is shutting down [ 3 Answers ]

I get this message together with a "doomp" sound when I shut down or restart the computer. The attachment is from system in event viewer:)

D:\ Missing, Windows 7 failed [ 5 Answers ]

So I have an Asus laptop and I got a free Windows Upgrade in the mail yesterday. I tried installing it as just an upgrade not a clean install inorder to keep my files. A message popped up and told me that I needed to restart my computer to start the upgrade process after uninstalling the only non...

Windows failed to load because the HAL is missing or corrupt [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, When I try to load windows XP to a Dell Optiplex 745 machine I get the following error: \windows\system32\halmacpi.dll Status: 0xc000098 Windows failed to load because the HAL is missing or corrupt I have tried different windows XP discs and same error.

DLL Initialization Failed Windows XP SP2/3 [ 3 Answers ]

On shutting down Windows XP SP2/3 I am receiving message on screen "dwwin.exe DLL Initialization Failed, and sometimes "drwtsn32.exe DLL Initialization Failed". I have also noticed programs are slow to shut down whilst Windows is running and have to be shut via a window pop-up "End Program Now". ...

View more questions Search