Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aria_E Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 05:57 AM
    Relationship
    I just had this horrible dream about me and my boyfriend's best friend got stuck in this cabin and it was snowing. We were good friends and all we had was the little food in the kitchen, a fire in the fire place, the clothes on our back, and a radio to reach the rangers station. I'm not sure how long we had been up there but it hadn't been that long. For some reason I had become really weak and cold he was hugging me trying to keep me warm by the fire place. He then whispered in my ear "I love you" he then kissed me.
    Ever since that dream I feel very uncomfortable around him and I'm afraid to tell my boyfriend why I really don't want to go around him. Should I tell him or should I just keep it to myself
    lvgmng Posts: 20, Reputation: 10

Jan 3, 2011, 07:46 AM
    It is believed by some that dreams are an interpretation of subconsious mind and that they all mean something. Some would say either you or your boyfriends best friend or both have given the impression of an interest more than friendly. You say you now feel uncomfortable around him, is this really a new feeling or only a result of the dream you had. I do think dreams in some way can sometimes express what we ourselves are afraid to, but also they can be hard to interpret and hard to tell what they really mean. If you have never had feelings for him and he has never indicated he had any for you then I wouldn't let it bother me.
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jan 3, 2011, 08:27 AM

Keep it to yourself, and understand it's only a dream. It has no bearing on your real life. Set it aside and forget about it.

(Now, if you actually do have feelings for this guy, or you think he has feelings for you IRL, that might change things, but only a bit. Still, don't say anything to your bf; it'll probably freak him out.)
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 09:16 AM
    Sometimes dreams will leave you, what I call, hungover. Even after the details of the dream fade, there is a residual effect, because everything seemed so real.

What has stuck, is the male in this picture. Why you avoid him is because of the intensity of the dream about him, and it still feels real.

It is not unlike people who have a dream about a plane crash, and its so real and vivid, that they cancel their flight the next day. Only after they learn there was no crash after all, do the feelings of intensity fade.

This will pass for you as well; these feelings will eventually fade. Perhaps too, as the others have said, there may have been feelings about this fellow that you didn't realize were more than friendship feelings. So, it is worth consideration that perhaps your friendship is now heading in another direction.

Either way, the dream will fade, and if there is anything to happen, it will all work out in its own time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does this mean for my relationship? [ 80 Answers ]

I get upset/mad/sad/jealous when anything other than me makes my girlfriend happy. When something other than her makes me happy she's happy for me unless she's hiding it from me. Why do I feel like this and what can I do to stop it? We're 20 and have been dating for 14 months now and it's always...

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

Relationship [ 1 Answers ]

I told my boyfriend before we started to get deep in the relionship that I was a very jealous person he says I have nothing to w orry about but I feel the girls he pick on and stuff will get out of hand I have told him not to do it so much in front of me but he can't seem to help it and yes the...

View more questions Search