Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boredwithlife Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Jan 3, 2011, 12:31 AM
    Long distance really?
    Hey guys so after a long time of agony over a sucky boyfriend I met this really sweet guy. We hit it off really well and soon we began to spend a lot of time together. After a few months he asked me out and I told him I would think about it. Now the problem is his house is a 3 hour drive from mine and he lives really far. Also he continuously goes to Broome as his hometown is there and his family lives there. I wouldn't mind that but I fear it. So HELP!!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 3, 2011, 02:58 AM
    Long distance really does make a relationship more difficult, so I don't know what to say, given the fact that you have just recently gotten over the last guy. Does he drive? Do you? What does broome mean? A place he goes to besides where you are, cutting trips down even more?

Given the little you have said, I would not get involved. Be glad he helped you get your mind off the sucky guy.
    victoriaweaver2 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2011, 01:17 PM
    Do you want to "settle down", as they say? If so, do you see yourself settling down with this guy? If so, try giving it a shot - just remember that not every relationship is going to work out. I mean, what could it hurt? My boyfriend and I live 1 1/2 hours apart, and we make a 3 hour round trip each every weekend to see each other, and its worked for the last year.

Either way, follow what your heart tells you. Listen to it over your head.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 5, 2011, 05:37 PM

Don't you think that it's a little soon to be getting in to deep with a stranger, even though you are attracted to him? To soon to be exclusive for sure, but you can go out on occasion and see how you feel in say 6 months??

Then you will at least know better if this is worth a relationship, distance and all. They all look good in the beginning when you first meet, but can end up being sucky later. So naw, date occasionally for the fun of it, but don't get so carried away. That you give your heart to a stranger you don't know very well, who hasn't proved he deserves you.

You just got out of one sucky relationship, why jump right into another one so fast?
    boredwithlife Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Jan 16, 2011, 04:21 AM
    Hey guys so in the end I rejected this guy as I didn't find him worth it but thanks for all your advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Long Distance Help [ 9 Answers ]

Hi So basically I've been dating this uy for 3 months, the first month was great as we were in the same country and we'd spend a lot of time together but I had to go abroad for uni and for the past 2 month its been rocky. In the month I was back home with him everything was great, like only a...

How long is too long for a long distance relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

I am in LDR hell here, or so it seems.. before we were long distance, my boyfriend and I had been together for 3 months. It doesn't really seem that long but we were so close and I had the best time with him. So anyhow, he went off to Florida to start college in August this summer. At first,...

Long distance. [ 2 Answers ]

I said no to this really nice guy when I was 19;cos, I was not ready for a relationship then.but I really liked him; still do. We met only once eversince and I told him although I said no to you then, I really liked u... he simply said that he likes the way he is now.. and it may be a good thing I...

The long distance or is it him? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm sorry if this story is long but the background is important. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am 25 years old and my ex is 27. We met in the first year of law school and then he moved five hours away for school. Before he moved away, I got...

Help after long distance [ 1 Answers ]

I desperatly need some advice. Im a 24 year old guy and I'm feeling really confused right now. I was in a relationship for 6 years with my last girlfriend, things were great but half way into it I really started to doubt my love for her. My parents were going through a really bad patch at the...

View more questions Search