Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newline11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 10:37 PM
    3years old house problems with foundation moist walls in basement my location Ohio
    I purchased a house 1 year ago the basement was not finished but it the walls where painted. After few month first block of the wall where the wall meet the floor, paint lifted and pealed. I went to home depot purchased the moisture reader and measure moisture on the walls and floor. The first block of the bottom of the wall read 85% and as I go up it get dryer and better also I measure the floor and it reads about 85% every where. Now I did call water proofing company they came out charge me $5000.00 dig a small trench on one wall and said everything looks good drainage works walls looks good but there is water moving along preferated pipes non stop where it comes from they don't know how to fix my problems they don't know. I did talk to few other waterproofing company's and all of them telling me diffident thing and now I have no idea what to do. I did talk to one company they said the can fix it but it will cost me $70,000.00 and that just too much for me. I also called city they came out and they don't know and can tell me anything. This house drives me crazy and I can't fixed or I can't sell it till it fixed. My attorney is going after a seller it been two years now and still nothing but at the same time I need to figure out solution and how to fix my problem.
    ninnja500 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 12:26 PM
    Which waterproofing companies have you spoken with? I know the company Stronghold Basements (www.Strongholdbasements.com) is great at fixing basement walls, and they work with waterproofing companies around the country. I would try them and see what they say. And hopefully you can get money from the seller to pay for these repairs. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moist in basement [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys I have about 3 feet off moist building up on my foundation off the floor and a little on the floor too its only on 2 sides of my house though its only there during hot and rainy summers do u think spraying the walls and floors with the RadonSeal will stop that or is that an outside problem?

24 year house with walls shaking, loud noises in walls, on roof, & cracking driveway [ 3 Answers ]

Our 24 year old house, 2 story, except 3 over the master bath and in the bonus room, has been making thunder-type noises (we had to call the police the other day). The home is on the market. We have also been told, 5 years ago, there may be a natural spring in our back yard. Our driveway, also has...

Will mulch against my house foundation cause bug problems? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently ripped out a ton of out of control plants along the side of my house and replaced them with a few small bushes and flowers. I filled in the remaining space with hardwood mulch (with 3 layers of newspaper underneath.) Since then I have been reading about a possible link between mulch...

Basement Wall/Foundation falling [ 2 Answers ]

Help! We have a water problem in our basement, 2 sump pumps, one flood already. Just bought this house in 8/06 - took apart the drywall today in one corner of the basement, to get access to a walled-up stairway access to the outside. It is apparent that the former owners, who admittedly...

Geographic location of Darke, Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

I've been looking for a town in Ohio named Darke. It existed about 1830-1890, but I have been unable to locate it on any new or old maps. Can you tell me where Darke, Ohio is or was? This is not Darke County, Ohio but Darke, Ohio.

View more questions Search