Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jan 11, 2007, 06:27 PM
    I was late pms-ing and with brown and little to no blood
    Hi name's meg, I'm 20. I live with my fiancé and we have sex regularly with no protection ever. We started a year ago. We practice withdrawl. Yes, I've heard some think its unsafe and something it is safe. I trust him and I know for a fact that every time he pull's out before he goes. He then goes somewhere else away from my vagina. I'm regular to an extent. I usually get my period on the 31st day of my cycle. Ranges between the 28th day -31st day. However sometime's it come's later by a week. Yesterday was about 8 day's late, I saw a light brown color on me when I checked. Also found small amount of it on my pad when I used restroom. Today is the same, this morning I have no red blood like usual on my pad. Just a little darkish brown. The last time I changed pad's I found nothing. When I wipe I do see redish blood. To clear it up, normally my period is medium-heavy for 4 days. Cramps and I take midol. It's always red and has few clot's to none. Never have brownish color until end of period, for a bit. Also not always just sometimes. I don't use birth control- although I want to. I don't have a gyno and no one to really ask. So, I'm worried. I really don't see how I'd be pregnant, were VERY careful, no matter what people think. Answer.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 11, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Actually, you were not careful at all. Withdrawal is nowhere near safe. A man can "leak" semen in small amounts before ejaculation and it only takes a small amount to become pregnant. If you don't see a doctor right away at least get a pregnancy test at the drug store.

Jan 11, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Yea, see i just talked to him and he said that he know's his body and kno's when he precum's/ 's. I understand what you mean tho. I'm lost...gee i didn't think it was that unsafe, i read somewhere it's 90% safe if done properly even more so. If i am preg how do i get unpreg? Well i aint even got a doc, no money and such.

Jan 11, 2007, 06:48 PM
    90% effective means that, statistically, if you have sex 10 times, you will get pregnant once. Have you had sex 10 times? The pregnancy kit is not expensive but a baby sure isn't cheap either.

Jan 11, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Yea we have had sex much more then 10x's, um maybe 2-3 time's a day. However, within the last week or two I haven't been in a sexual mood. Um, so I don't know. Yea, I'm thinking if I don't start getting normal soon, I'm going to get a test.

Jan 11, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Changes is your mood (not feeling sexual) could even be caused by hormons. Don't wait too long with that test.

Hoping for the best

Jan 11, 2007, 07:39 PM
    I talked to my fiancé, and we decided to go and get the Morning After pill. It said its effective up to 70 some hour's and the longer the wait the less effectiveness. I hope it works and I don't get sick.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Rayne, It is apparent you did not read the stickies at the top of the board regarding withdrawal. It is NOT effective, here I have copied it for you.

This site has many women asking if they are pregnant or not. Many women believe that since their man used the withdrawal method that they cannot get pregnant. While I understand the reasoning behind this belief, the withdrawal method is NOT a reliable form of birth control and can in fact result in pregnancy.

Now as we all know, with a woman sexual arousal includes lubrication of the vagina. What many people do now know that men who are sexually aroused also become lubricated. The difference is that it is obvious with a woman, but virtually invisible with a man.

The inside of the penis must be lubricated in order for ejaculation to occur. Within this lubrication there are millions of sperm. Some people call this pre-ejaculate. The man is not aware of this happening in 99.9% of the occasions. So the vagina is exposed to pre-ejaculate and sperm.

THE PROS AND CONS OF WITHDRAWAL

PROS

Withdrawal can be used every time
    Withdrawal may be added to other forms of birth control to increase effectiveness
    Withdrawal is free
    Withdrawal does not require a prescription or manipulation of a mechanism

CONS

Withdrawal is not considered a reliable form of birth control
    The woman must have complete trust on the man’s ability to withdraw
    Pre-ejaculation, which contains sperm, occurs without the knowledge of the man
    Some men have difficulty timing their ejaculation and/or withdrawal.

So, if you ladies are experiencing any pregnancy symptoms and your man has been using the withdrawal method, please take a home pregnancy test or visit your doctor.

Sources: Amercianpregnancy.org

Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    Yea, see i just talked to him and he said that he know's his body and kno's when he precum's/ 's. I understand what you mean tho. I'm lost...gee i didn't think it was that unsafe, i read somewhere it's 90% safe if done properly even more so. If i am preg how do i get unpreg? Well i aint even got a doc, no money and such.
    Sorry, but he does not know what is going on inside his body just as he cannot feel or control the blood rushing through his veins, nor can he feel or control the lubrication process of the penis.

I don't know where you read that withdrawal is 90% effective, but that is wrong.

I understand you are going to get the morning after pill, and if that is what you want, that is fine. I personally could not do it though.

Understand that abortion and morning after pills are not means of birth control. If you are not ready to have a baby at least practice safe sex responsibly. Withdrawal is not responsible safe sex.

Go to a local clinic or Planned Parenthood and get on the pill. But until that time you are playing with a ticking timebomb bu using withdrawal and one of these days that timebomb will go off and you will be pregnant.

Good luck.

Jan 12, 2007, 09:17 AM
    OK thanks a lot, is there a reason that school's would teach untrue thing's to kid's? He siad "the health teacher said that if we do it right, and kno our bodies its safe". School's shouldn't be teaching false thing's to teen's. Also, I guessing even IF you think you know your body, you shouldn't do it? I never thought it was safe, he just said he knew how to deal with his own body... I wonder how I can get him to understand... lol. I'm really upset that school's are teaching this though... that's crazy! :P
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:20 AM
    I don't know where you live, but they don't teach that at our schools, because it is NOT birth control.

If you aren't ready for children, you should find some other form of birth control such as condoms or the pill. While they are not 100% effective they are LOADS more effective than withdrawal.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 09:21 AM
    I honestly find it hard to believe that a school would teach that especially when there is so much information out there that does not support what your boyfriend's school said. I know that the school where I teach they teach about all different types of birth control and have the percentages and facts to back up what they are teaching. Perhaps your boyfriend heard wrong.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2007, 09:22 AM
    A School is teaching the withdrawal method?? I agree with you, that is pathetic.

If I were you I'd talk to the principal. Sometimes teachers teach their own thing whether the school condones it or not.

If the principal backs up the teaching, I'd probably call my local TV station that has a "consumer grievances" program and see if I could get the issue noticed there.

Boy, that is sad.
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:25 AM
    Rayne, as you can read, I have a feeling he is just telling you that so that he does not have to wear a condom. Many men will say things like this to get out of wearing a condom.

If you are not ready to have children yet, you must stand your ground. If he will not protect himself, you should get on the pill. If you can't get on the pill then you stop having sex until he covers himself.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:26 AM
    You know what they call people who use the withdrawal method? PARENTS!

I'm pretty sure your boyfriend is lying through his teeth.

Get another form of birth control!

Jan 12, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Thanks so much for the comment's. I feel so stupid for trusting him. I thought he was right. I'm not very smart lol. Uhh, I'm sorry if my questions are dumb, my parent's never taught me the right and wrong's and all that stuff. Thanks for everything :)
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Go to Planned Parenthood, they will teach you what your parents did not.

Jan 12, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Ok, thanks a lot for all the info an comment's! Yes, I get it. I am getting the pill or shot. So after that this woln't be an issue. When we first had sex we both agreed we didn't want to wear a condom, because it was uncomfortable and or/ hard to deal with. --Also if we did wear one he still wouldn't go in there, because it's still not as safe because it could break. So then spending time to get it out in time and take a condom off and go, by then it would ruin the whole experience wouldn't it? Well I'm definitely getting on pills asap! Yes indeed, or the shot. I was unsure and too trusting w/out asking things fisrt and he was taught wrong. I honsetly think his school taught wrong, he never lies to me from my knowledge, lol. But thanks so much for answering. As I've said b/4 I'm not very knowledgeable of these things, I don't have parent's that taght me anything. So sadly I'm still learning. :( lol
    horselady Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    Hi name's meg, im 20. I live with my fiance and we have sex regularly with no protection ever. We started a year ago. We practice withdrawl. Yes, i've heard some think its unsafe and some thing it is safe. I trust him and i kno for a fact that everytime he pull's out before he goes. He then goes somewhere else away from my vagina. I'm regular to an extent. I usually get my period on the 31st day of my cycle. Ranges between the 28th day -31st day. However sometime's it come's later by a week. Yesterday was about 8 day's late, i saw a light brown color on me when i checked. Also found small amount of it on my pad when i used restroom. Today is the same, this morning i have no red blood like usual on my pad. Just a little darkish brown. The last time i changed pad's i found nothing. When i wipe i do see redish blood. To clear it up, normally my period is medium-heavy for 4 days. Cramps and i take midol. It's always red and has few clot's to none. Never have brownish color til end of period, for a bit. Also not always just sometimes. I dont use birth control- although i want to. I dont have a gyno and no one to really ask. So, im worried. I really dont see how i'd be preg, were VERY careful, no matter what ppl think. answer.
    Withdrawal is never full proof!! (fool-proof). You should see a gyno immediately - find out if you are pregnant; if not then get on some reliable birth control if you don't want a child. I'd say you have just been lucky up to this point.

Jan 12, 2007, 10:00 AM
    I wonder what the best condoms are LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding Dark Brown Blood [ 9 Answers ]

Just Found Out Am Pregnant And Been Bleeding Since Oct. 15 Only When I Urine And During Bowel Movement And Sometimes Need To Wear A Tampon What Does This Mean?? Help Please Is It A Miscarige Or Implatation Bleeding

Brown Discharge and Late Period [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 (almost 25), married and my husband uses condoms when we have intercourse. Three years ago, when I was a virgin I had brown discharge for a few days and had missed my period that month. I blamed the situation on stress. At the beginning of September I was definitely stressed, but things got...

Period was a day late and brown [ 5 Answers ]

I'm on the pill and sexually active but my period was approximatly a day late and very brown, is this normal? I have also been stressed lately which I am hoping has caused this! Please help!

Menstration contains brown blood [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 40 year old woman and 4 months ago I noticed that towards the end of my period the blood would be dark brown. Actually the blood during the period all seems a little bit darker, but definitely after the first 2 or 3 days it is dark brown. I am on schedule and have no other differences to my...

Brown blood [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I started my cycle on Tuesday and it was redish in color A day later it was brown color. I have lower back pains but not bad pains. What could this be from?

View more questions Search