Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annaharris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 06:56 PM
    Can you cancel a lease and serve a 3-day notice at the same time?
    Tenant moved in November, 2010, Check bounced, been having problems since. Can I cancel lease and serve the 3-day notice at the same time?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2011, 07:03 PM

You can't do a pay or quit AND a lease termination. If you do a pay or quit and he pays, you have to start over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I serve a 30 day notice does the leasee still pay rent till they leave? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a home owner and I am renting out a room in my house to a family. I have served them with a 3 day pay or quit and than a 30 day notice. They refuse to pay rent for the amount of time they will still be here, so my question is, do they still have to pay for the amount of time they are here from...

If the management did not serve me personally am I suppose to honor the 60-day notice [ 5 Answers ]

I was not "personally" served the 60 day notice. It was not given to me hand in hand by anyone. It was left underneath my door! Am I to honor the 60 day notice since it was not lawfully served to me by any law enforcement officer.

60 Day Notice While Still IN Lease [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in a 12 month lease at my apartment complex. They notified me that they were going to raise my rent from $812 to $975 if I re-signed a lease with them and if I went month-to-month it's going to go up to $1075. They gave me that notice around August 28 and my lease termination date is September...

Next step after I serve a 3 day notice to pay rent or quit [ 1 Answers ]

I am a little confused on my next step as a landlord after I serve a 3 day notice to pay rent or quit and they still haven't paid after four days. I am getting the run-around. Do I have to serve tenants with a 30 day notice or can I start eviction proceedings right now? How do I start eviction...

When to serve a 30 day notice [ 1 Answers ]

Im in California and I had an original 1 year lease that changed after the 1st year to a month to month lease. I am moving out and am serving my landlord a 30 day notice. My question is am I able to serve this on any day of the month, say on the 7th of November, in which I would be out on the...

View more questions Search