Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JessTheDreamer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 04:08 PM
    I am 13 and I want to improve my singing...
    I used to sing all the time when I was younger... but then my younger sister would always say "U SING SOOO BAD!" so then I stopped singing in front of people... and I really want some help... my dream has been to be a professional singer.. but I've never told anyone.. or my parents.. I don't want then to think I'm crazy for thinking this... please HELP ME!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 04:23 PM

Well I hate to say this but you are going to need to sing in front of someone to be evaluated. One way is to join a choir at your church or school. At least you can get some practice in that way and someone can give you an opinion.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2011, 04:33 PM

While a good singer can improve and hone their skills, the skills have to be there in the first place. Part of the skill set of a singer is an ear for music. You have to be able to tell whether you are singing on key and harmonically. If you can't tell that there is no way to teach it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Singing [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, Well I'm about to turn 14 and I really love to sing. But I'm really shy so I don't sing publicly. But I know to become a singer you can't be stagefright and stuff so I don't know if should just give up on singing or try to find a solution. And I know that I need to improve my...

Singing [ 9 Answers ]

How do I get myself out there and show people how good I am at singing?

How to improve singing voice? [ 4 Answers ]

My singins voice is a bit nasely.. I'm really into music and guitars.. I want to be a singer but my voice doesn't come out right because its nasely.. how do I improve it?

Singing [ 3 Answers ]

I want to be a singer when I grow up but I have problems writing songs wha should I do? I have no idea.

View more questions Search