Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emery29590 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 12:57 PM
    I am a 17 year old still in high school. I recently started the birth control pill se
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2011, 01:04 PM

Please use the Answer options below and post your question.

Jan 2, 2011, 01:06 PM
    I am a 17 year old still in high school. I recently started the birth control pill seasonique to help prevent me from having ovarian cyst that I would get every month. I started in the beginning of November and I took it regularly. At the end of the first month I had a very light barely spotting period like the medicine said I would have but it would decrease over time and everything was fine. But I started to skip around on my medicine a lot and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex, a couple days after that my boobs were really sore and I was feeling a little nausious. I wasn't sure about anything and I juss decided to wait before I did anything about it. I began to take my medicine again regularly and me and my boyfriend had sex again but this time after sex I started to bleed. And I've been bleeding on and off since then. But it is not regular period blood but it is a very dark almost black blood, with a lot of stringy and clumpy blood clots. Ive researched online about early miscarriages and I also have a lot of the symptoms described. I have been experiencing unbearable back pains and cramps that sometimes leave me doubled over. Could someone please help?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2011, 01:31 PM

With severe cramping, and irregular bleeding, it would be best to see your doctor. It very well may be due to the birth control pill, which can effect people differently. You could always try a pregnancy test as well, but they will test at the doctor's appointment anyway. Your doctor may suggest giving seasonique a bit more time to see if you adjust better to it or he/she may suggest another type.

Since you have missed some pills here and there, best to stop taking them until you can start on schedule. Stop having sex until you have been back on the pill regularly and set a watch or cell phone alarm so that you don't miss anymore pills. If you find taking them on time is not convenient for you, talk to your doctor about another form of birth control or better still, use an additional form along with the pill to better protect yourself.

Jan 2, 2011, 01:33 PM
    Comment on DoulaLC's post
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 02:37 PM

And while all times differ normally birth control pills may not be effective till you have been taking them properly for one month. And if not taken properly they are less effective.

Also even if on them, they are not 100 percent effective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red color pill reached but no period - Birth control Pill [ 11 Answers ]

Hi All, I am on Birth Control Pills (Lutera- 28 pack one) since past 4-5 months. My periods start when I reach the 4th week, i.e when the red color pills start. According to this, my red color pill dosage started yesterday (Sunday) but my periods did not. Am I worrying too much since its been...

My 18 year old daughter, still in High School - OUT OF CONTROL HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Our daughter has just turned 18 years old, still in her Senior Year of High School. Mixed up with some new friends and a new boyfriend that graduated last year (no job, DUI - no driving privileges, confirmed smokes pot occasionally). We are at a loss as to what to do about this situation. She...

Only recently started taking the contraceptive pill and had condom fail. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi people. I started taking the contraceptive pill 9 days ago. I know it's not effective right away, so my boyfriend and I have still been using condoms. But tonight, the condom disappeared. Apart from the fact that I'm worried it could now be stuck inside me... I'm not sure whether I'm able...

My 18 yr. Old daughter who is in her last year of high school is out of control. [ 13 Answers ]

My 18 yr. old daughter is in her last year of high school. Her father (my ex- husband) died last year and since then she has been living with friends despite my numerous attempts to have her live with me and her younger brother and sister. She tells me that I cannot tell her what to do since she...

Recently went off birth control pill [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Im 24 years old and I've been off the mini pill for over a month now. I always had regular periods on and off the pill I was due to have a period one week after stopping the pill but did not get it. Nor did I get any withdrawl bleed from stopping the pill. I was on the pill for 4 years. A...

View more questions Search