Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Jan 11, 2007, 04:59 PM
    York University - Computer Science
    Hi I am currently in grade 12 and I am thinking of going to York University for Computer Science. I know that waterloo is one of the best universities for computers but I do not want to leave home because its really expensive. I was just wondering if anybody heard anything about the computers at York university. From what I heard York University is not strong for computers and I shouldn't go to York university for computers. What are your opinions?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Waterloo has the best computer program in all of Ontario, if not in Canada or the world.

As for how is York's program? I an not qualified to answer that but it is NOT awful.

I know some pretty smart people who are in Computer Science at York.

One other thing.

After you graduate, no employer will care where you went to university. It might matter for your first job, after that, it becomes almost meaningless.
    chrisII Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Feb 12, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cool_dude
    Hi I am currently in grade 12 and I am thinking of going to York University for Computer Science. I know that waterloo is one of the best universities for computers but i do not want to leave home because its really expensive. I was just wondering if anybody heard anything about the computers at York university. From what i heard York University is not strong for computers and i shouldn't go to York university for computers. What are your opinions?
    I have a brother that studied in York University for Computer Science and he was a bit dissapointed by the curriculum level for freshmen. But overall it is a good school and I can tell you that you'll get a great education for the bucks. Good luck !
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Feb 12, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisII
    I have a brother that studied in York University for Computer Science and he was a bit dissapointed by the curriculum level for freshmen. but overall it is a good school and i can tell you that you'll get a great education for the bucks. good luck !
    Thank you. If your brother has any info about their program please post some more I would love to hear. I'm awaiting my acceptance as I speak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is science? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals What is science? How can we define science and what is the nature ? Can u tell me different science's?

Science [ 1 Answers ]

Choose the correct answer 2. justify why you chose that as the correct answer Scientists have discovered that chromosomal abnormalities such as down syndrome can result from unusual timing of hormonal cycles in older women that result in unusual hormonal concentrations during oogenesis. At...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search