Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wondering2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Statue of limitations
    Have an old debt owing to a city for a speeding ticket, 17 years ago. Does statue of limitations take affect?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 01:31 AM
    It should!

Contact the state judge advocate's office and ask. I suspect that the ticket debt has been sold to a collection agency for pennies on the dollar, and that agency is now trying to browbeat you into paying the debt.

I doubt that the ticket still has the force of law!
    wondering2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Thanks for the reply would this be the same for ontario law, I did ask the collector what the fine was for and she had to look into it? Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert
    It should!!

Contact the state judge advocate's office and ask. I suspect that the ticket debt has been sold to a colection agency for pennies on the dollar, and that agency is now trying to browbeat you into paying the debt.

I doubt that the ticket still has the force of law!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statue of limitation [ 5 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitation on statutory rape? Also, the time of limitation has passed, what other way can you charge some one with statutory rape against a 14 year old, if they were 25 at the time?

Limitations [ 1 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitations for auto accident injury/death in Ontario?

Statue of limitations in nova scotia [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the statue of limitations of credit card debt in Nova Scotia and where I can call or find this proof.I was told there was no such thing but I know this is not true.

Statue of Limitation [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of Limitation on a DUI charge in BC or Canada. I have a warrant out of my arrest in BC. I didn't even know about it until I was pulled over in Alberta. I was under the impression from the cop that I talked to on the phone that I had taken care of all of that mess. But then I...

View more questions Search