Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bstwilliams Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 11:25 PM
    94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo trany problems
    My Jeep won't shift into overdrive. It has almost 300k miles on it and was rebuilt at 155k miles. What do I need to do?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 05:51 AM

Check for proper fluid level first. Correct any obvious leaks.
    Do you have any other drivability symptoms? Like the check engine light on, etc?
    If the Engine Control Module (ECM) has certain diagnostic trouble codes stored, it will prevent overdrive engagement.
    Did this just happen all of a sudden?
    My recommendation would be to take it to a transmission shop for evaluation and estimate.
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2011, 02:55 PM

I have a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a few years ago it would not shift into overdrive. The cruise would not work and the brake shifter interlock would not work. The Jeep Dealer told me I needed a transmission. Well a friend of mine ask me if I had checked the brake peddle switch. I checked it and it was bad. So instead of $1400 it cost me $13. Oh the jeep dealer told me he ran a scan and it showed the Transmission was bad but when my friend ran the same scan it told him the brake switch was the problem. The dealer was a crook and is now out of business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee LMTD Heater and Heated seats problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee and my heater will not work at all. It blows Air and good just won't get any heat. Also my Heated seats won't heat up. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks

My 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo is having driver side window problems. [ 0 Answers ]

My 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo is having driver side window problems. The left side of the window seems to be getting stuck. This is causing the window to tilt and fall out of place. The track that is supposed to hold the window is still moving up and down. I have also checked the side tracks...

93 Jeep Grand cherokee Laredo Security system [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 93laredo that I have gotten from an auction and it did not come with the remotes for the alarm system and we have done everything that we can think of to trick the system so we can start it. I have located the alarm box in the dash and have unhooked it and the jeep still will not start....

View more questions Search